Comic Book Print to Digital Request Thread

:sparkles: The New Adventures of Superboy (1980-1984) #1-27
:sparkles: The New Adventures of Superboy (1980-1984) #44-54
We already have #28-43 on the system and this is a great series.
Please fill it out.

8 Likes

Thanks for the request, @mojaka! More Superboy issues is always a good thing. I’ve added this to our list. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I just realized that Superman & Batman generations 1,2 and 3 by Johnny Byrne isn’t on this app. Any way of getting it or is there some type of copyright?

Also

Green lantern special 1&2 from 1989

The missing action comics issues between 600-650

And green lantern (1990) 1-47
Green lantern emerald dawn 1&2

7 Likes

Green lantern corps 202-206, 214-224 and all the missing Bronze Age green lantern books would be nice! I see issues 94-122,124-160,162-171 missing. Some might be reprints but I’m not sure.

5 Likes

I remember having to buy this series because it wasn’t on here. Definitely not one of my favorite DC events and I’m a big Green lantern/ Guy Gardner fan but it just felt like they ruined a lot of established characters like Lana Lang and many others by making them turn out to be undercover manhunters this entire time. Then the series felt like it was just to introduce this group of characters called “the new guardians” which wouldn’t even be around but about 12 issues and a few cameos in other series.

4 Likes

Thanks for all the requests, @fishin4bass.66054! I’ve passed them up to the team. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I would like to request:

Sun Devils #11 & #12

I was so excited to see this series get released digitally, one issue at a time, about 1.5 to 2 years ago. I’ve been waiting for the final two issues of the series ever since. Please, DC Digitizers, I’d like to know how Sun Devils ends! :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Sure thing! I’ve added your tally to our request sheet. Thanks for your input!

6 Likes

I’m curious what’s on that list.

At first I was enthusiastic for the feedback, but lately I’ve grown pessimistic about seeing most requested items show up.

I’d love to see some more imagination into getting certain works made available digitally.

For instance, there are series that are almost complete, but for whatever reason an annual or special just never seems to get the digital treatment.

For instance, Ostrander Spectre Annual 1. Or the Legends of the Dark Knight Annuals.

Or the Shade mini 1-4 to complete James Robinson’s Starman run. No reason not to - it was just published as part of a Starman Compendium.

And for that matter, why not make the Compendiums and Omnis available digitally. Marvel’s started doing this and I’ve added them to my Wish Lists.

How about graphic novels that for some reason still aren’t available digitally, like Human Target Final Cut or Top 10: The '49ers or LoEG: The Black Dossier. Last I heard, some people still like reading Alan Moore.

And if you really wanted to go nuts, what about creating digital-exclusive collections where maybe sales didn’t justify a print edition. Like a Silver Age Doom Patrol Vol 3 to finish the run. Or the solicited but never published Wild Dog collection?

Most of what I’m suggesting here would require very little work. Perhaps an older graphic novel might not have digital-ready files, but things like the final volume of Silver Age Doom Patrol, the files are basically ready to go - just needs a little book design.

Hoping to see some improvements soon.

10 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Comic Book Print to Digital Request Thread:

Complete the sabdman run

4 Likes

To clarify, the moderation staff on DCUI has no say or sway in what comics get digitized or added to the platform. We gather your feedback for an entirely different team to take into consideration, but we’re not at all involved in the actual decision-making process in any way, nor are we legally able to discuss any part of our interactions with them, their schedule, what titles they are processing, tools we are using to communicate with them, private document information, or anything else that transpires amongst their own team and/or ours.

As always, we appreciate your feedback either way, and we on the mod staff would love to assist where we can. I can certainly note your input and frustrations with our service to help strengthen the platform at these pain points for you.

8 Likes

I am pretty confused by DC’s extremely slow release of the back library. Each week there seems to be one or two DC books (1 Captain Carrot a week lately) and a couple of Milestone. The other supposedly less Distinguished Competition tends to release 10-25 back issues of a series each week making a much more pleasant experience. Using Captain carrot as an example it will take approx 4 months for them to completely upload the series with not much else going in at the same time.

There are huge runs of bronze age Flash, Green Lantern, Superman etc missing from the library. At one series, one book at a time I doubt I will see many of my faves online in my lifetime. :frowning:

That said, I would love to see most…
Secret Society of Super-Villains 1976 full series
The Atom 1962 full series including Atom and Hawkman
The Flash 1958 missing issues 213 - 339
Brave and the Bold 1955 missing issues 159 - 200

6 Likes

Hey @p_hofford.40458, welcome back to the community, and thank you for your valuable feedback. I will certainly note this down for our team and hope that our platform will reflect the runs you want to see in the future.

That being said, I’ve added your support for these specific series and issues to our list. If you have anything else you’d like to see, please list them on this thread, and don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if there’s anything we can help with. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

When are we finally going to get Wonder Woman, volume 1 #231-273 added to the vault? I mean, it is a huge hole and I would love to go back and read those books again without having to dig all my issues out.

10 Likes

Speaking of Captain Carrot, that is a perfect example of what I’m talking about. The first issue picks up from a preview that was included in The New Teen Titans 16. And it makes sense to not include that with the digital version of TNTT 16. But why not offer it as a standalone #0 digital issue? Because it was never available that way as a print edition? So what? We need to see some imagination here. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hello, in honor of Pride Month, I would like to request the remainder for Connor Hawke’s Green Arrow run. That is Green Arrow (1988) Issues 101-109, 112-133, 136-137.

I first requested these in 2019 (over 3 years ago, wow!), before this thread really became a thing, but with the renewed interest in Connor’s time as Green Arrow due to the pride special, I think it’s time to start pestering you all again.

*edit: stupid me, wrote the wrong year. Fixed!

8 Likes

Thank you @MovieAddict and @chaotickairos for the requests! I have added all of these to the list for our team. :partying_face:

7 Likes

I’d like to request The Atom #19 (1965), the only missing issue from the Zatanna’s Search crossover event.

6 Likes

Thank you thank you for the request :slight_smile:. I’ll be sure to note it down for ya!

5 Likes

Superman/Batman turns the big 2-0 next year, and while we have 100% of the series proper in digital, we’re lacking this one companion book to complete the whole Superman/Batman in digital shebang:

Getting Superman/Batman: Secret Files and Origins 2003 in digital in time for the series’ 20th anniversary next year would be super sweet. :clark_hv_4:

7 Likes