Comic Book Covers Featuring a Stark Single Color Background Fan Clubhouse!

Awesome topic, @Don-El! Such a lively thread with so many cool comic covers! Here is my contribution: Batman and Robin #15.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this, I didn’t see it when it came out @KeyFamily quintessential Damian: scowling, lol.

@Nathan.Payson have you seen this cover?

2 Likes

I’m becoming quite the Deathstroke fan! Here are a few really neat stark white covers from the Rebirth series.

9 Likes

Globes were a big theme on those covers of the fifties and sixties. I still think of that one that shows the Spectre and someone in Red fighting.

2 Likes

The dark Titans one in particular is super ingenius with the Black and White theme.

3 Likes

I completely agree, @Don-El. The uniforms in black and white playing against the white background is really striking!

3 Likes

@Don-El I have not. I love it!

2 Likes

Another epic Deathstroke cover! I just got to this one today in the series…

4 Likes

Okay that’s an odd one

2 Likes

Gold’s a nice subtle touch

2 Likes

I’ll bet the solid yellow really popped back when it was first printed

2 Likes

I’m loving these throwback covers, @dogwelder9!

I am surprised to find so many covers with the yellow.

Do you or @Don-El know if there was any particular reason for this trend during that comic era? I’m so interested in the history, as I’m guessing it’s more than just a popular shade.

3 Likes

Wow, what a neat book! It’s so nice to have that collection for reference, @dogwelder9 - very cool! Thank you for digging that up!

Follow Up Question: Do you have any that demonstrate how things are done now, comparatively?

2 Likes

Night. And. Day. Seeing the artist work on an iPad blows my mind! Not to take away from what’s being created currently (because they are doing amazing things), but there is just something special to me about the old school prints. I love technology but when I create my watercolor art, I use actual paints and actual paper. Alex Sinclair even mentions the industry changes and the evolution he’s seen in his 23-year experience. For example, he mentions it takes anywhere from 1-4 hours to complete a heavily detailed page - a game changer for time to publish. Not to mention, communication through email can expedite the process between the various players involved.

Thank you for sharing this, @dogwelder9! I’m enjoying digging into this video series!

3 Likes

Check check and check!

2 Likes

Ah yes, Book Salesman, the good old good old days…

1 Like

Here are two from Batman The New 52.

The red is so appropriately used and heightens the action and intensity on the first.

I love the simple half-cowl design on the second.

6 Likes

And I love Talons and Court of Owls!

3 Likes

Me too, @Don-El! Really cool story arc!

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like