Collecting Polls

Happy B-Day @Daredevil!

5 Likes

There’s a lot of 3D models of DC stuffs floating around the internet, some for free and some not. Would be cool to be able to print ‘em, but then there’s the question of painting. I’d probably use a 3D printer for some of the statue models that I’ve seen, but would need someone to professionally paint them for me.

5 Likes

Happy Birthday @Daredevil :partying_face:

6 Likes

Funko recently held an event where NFTs could be bought and then redeemed for physical Pops (among them were Eradicator and the Kyle Rayner GL) .

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Great idea! I loves me some Pops, and I loves me some NFTs!
  • :poop: idea! I love Pops, but I don’t want to buy NFTs to get them.

0 voters

5 Likes

I’m done collecting pops and I hate NFTs!

4 Likes

Why the hate for NFTs?

4 Likes

They’re literally just a license saying “I own this jpeg” and they ■■■■ up the environment because of all the computing power it takes to make them.

And most Importantly the people who buy them are cringe lol.

5 Likes

I confess to not knowing much about them generally, but just how much computing power does it take to make one of those?

Hey now, don’t judge others who buy things you’re not into. :slight_smile:

They might look at your action figures and say “People who buy figurines are cringe.”

They might then look at my figures, to which I’ll sharply reply “Figures! They’re action figures, not figurines!”

Damn heathens that don’t understand our plastic crack addictions and the proper terminology within. :smirk: :wink:

5 Likes

Just for creation over 142 kWh of energy.

5 Likes

:exploding_head:

As Green Lantern said to Harold and Kumar, “But why?”

Its just a little picture! What about that takes up that electrical juice?

4 Likes

No, I’m sorry Vroom, he has a point

5 Likes

NFTs is officially the moment I have realized that the times are probably starting to pass me by. I don’t understand it. I don’t understand blockchain. I find everything that tries to explain how it all works even more confusing. I have no interest in paying premium dollars for jpegs.

6 Likes

That he does.

I’m just curious why a little picture takes up that much computing power?

I mean, are they using Commodore 64s to render the things, or what?

QFT.

I don’t really see what there is to be excited about for NFTs, myself. They strike me as the next Pet Rock (i.e. a fad).

6 Likes

I only wanted to get the NFTs for the physical pops lol. Especially for that Rebirth Batman, but I had a pretty crazy day and when I got home on the day of the launch, they were all sold out :cry:

3 Likes

I saw a YouTube video of a guy who logged in, waited in line and…got Jack and **** (and Jack left town) for all of his efforts. Poor guy.

I would love to have these…

CC: @DC89 :point_up:t2:

…but I am not at all interested in jumping through the hoops one has to in order to get them. Nope, nuh-uh.

5 Likes

Eradicator and Kyle R. Pops- spiffy! :+1:

3 Likes

IKR? I figured you’d dig the KR one, in particular.

I just wish they were available in-store/online and didn’t require li’l digital doodads to acquire them by.

5 Likes