Collecting Polls

Yes definitely!!! Because I have enough problems staying on topic as is. Plus, - I always start doing what you’re suggesting anyways, especially in the look what I just got threads, more-so then any others.

4 Likes

I’ve got one…planned on getting em all. Working on it.

5 Likes

After Batman ‘66, which part of DC’s past do you hope McFarlane visits with his retro line?

• Wonder Woman ‘76
  • Superman The Movie
  • Batman ‘89
  • Adventures of Superman (George Reeves)
  • Super Friends
  • Ruby Spears Superman
  • Filmation shows
  • Lois & Clark
  • The Flash ‘90
  • Swamp Thing
  • Superboy
  • Smallville
  • Other

0 voters

5 Likes

I’m really, really hoping for a LOSH or Legionaries Macfarlane set!.?!.?

5 Likes

Nice picks! I would hope for Lois & Clark or George Reeves Superman; don’t think they’ve ever been done. I see him sticking to the big stuff though, with as much Batman as he can push, so probably Batman 89 and Superman The Movie.

5 Likes

Thoughts on dream products for the Retro line…

I’d love to see the Donnerverse get the big plastic push its deserved for 44 years, now.

Jor and Lara, adult Clark, Lois (preferably in her white evening gown, so as to allow for evening convos and flights), Superman, Lex, Otis, Zod, Ursa, Non, Evil Superman, Webster’s girlfriend when she became a cyborg, Supergirl, Serena, Lenny Luthor and…Nuclear Man would all make for a snazzy line-up.

McFarlane could also toss Superman Returns figures in with those. Namely, Kal in his silver Kryptonian suit, Superman, Lex in his white trenchcoat (complete with “Krrryyptooniite!”) and for kicks, Kal Penn’s character, especially since Mattel never released his figure in their SR line (a prototype was made and shown to buyers, but was never produced for retail sale).

If Todd and the Distinguished Crew felt like making a Fortress of Solitude playset (complete with a plastic S-shield Superman can throw), that would be :superman:uper, indeed.

I’d like to see the Burton and Schumacher 'verse get some movie-accurate figures as well, especially a vac-metalized Mr. Freeze, Two-Face’s thugs and Chase Meridian.

Kenner did a shiny Freeze, kinda-sorta, but nobody has ever made toys and merch based on either version of Two-Face’s men (those wearing jackets, and those wearing vests) or Chase Meridian, so their time is now.

Also, a Burton-style Batcave playset would be pretty nifty.

I’d also love a Classic TV Heroes Trinity three-pack with the George Reeves Superman, AW Batman (a repack of the existing figure, but with a newly-tooled plastic cape) and the Lynda Carter WW.

Finally, the Retro line would be all the better for having a Flash and Trickster two-pack, based on their CBS iterations.

5 Likes

Ty!!! Nice selections for the polls. I was gonna pick all ones from it. Then at last second I thought how cool his LOSH figures would be. Plus, it’s basically Superman adjacent (or is really) & nobody’s done em yet. Lots of fans waiting…

5 Likes

If you had a 3D printer and precisely knew all of the ins and outs of action figure tooling and production, would you produce DC-related action figures that are unlikely to ever be made?

• You bet I would! Having the characters I want that nobody will officially make is absolutely worth the time and effort needed to 3D print good customs.
  • Maybe. I’d really rather wait for an official release, but some characters will never see :notes: “life in plastic (it’s fantastic!)” :notes: , so a custom is better than nothing.
  • Does one need to wear 3D glasses when using a 3D printer? Will it hook up to a 3D TV?

0 voters

6 Likes

10000% yes Todd’s 7 inch figures don’t look right next to my 6 inch collection so even if I wait I’m kind of screwed.

5 Likes

The easy solution there is to not insist product from one company be in scale with another company’s product.

That’s a heck of a lot cheaper than shelling out the chips for a 3D printer. :wink:

4 Likes

But everyone looks so good together it’s to late to quit on my dream of accurate heights for all my characters!!!

(ignore the state of my shelf. :laughing:)

5 Likes

Damn straight I would do it lol. I’m still thinking about when is a good time to sculpt my own figures.

5 Likes

Awesome! Daredevil got himself the Daredevil figure. I have that one too and I still love it. That was my first Marvel Legend.

5 Likes

Mine too! He was on clearance at a Walmart I was at and I picked him up, then i started getting Star Wars black series and more marvel legends and the rest is history.

5 Likes

That’s awesome. I got that one for Christmas the year that figure came out and I was so happy with it. My interest in collecting action figures started off from there.

5 Likes

3/4 (Cap, Hulk and Iron Man) of series 1 from the Toy Biz ML line in late summer of 2002, and bought at Target.

I passed on Toad of course, because he was the one figure of the series nobody cared about then, since he wasn’t designed for the line and was a holdover from a cancelled, pre-ML two-pack.

5 Likes

I don’t think anybody likes Toad lol. I’m shocked that he’s the first villain to be in the Marvel Legends 20th-anniversary wave. Seriously? Not Doctor Doom or Green Goblin, but Toad?

5 Likes

Very cool display here @Daredevil. Especially loving that 501st Ahsoka Trooper. :smiley: :+1:

6 Likes

Toad was the first villain in the line, and that wave is intended to replicate assorted aspects of the very first wave of ML.

Also, Toad hasn’t had a figure in the line since 2002. Between nostalgia and his lack of representation in the line, I can see why Hasbro went with him.

That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if history repeats itself and this new Toad warms pegs as the original did, being that Cap, IM and Hulk are, as they were in 2002, the stars of the wave.

In all honesty, for the 25 years I was into Marvel and collected assorted lines from assorted companies based on the brand, I don’t recall ever having even one Toad figure.

I like Toad fine, but I evidently had zero interest in his toys.

5 Likes

Happy birthday, @Daredevil !

4 Likes