[CLOSED] Rewards: Your Experience Earning Tokens - Let Us Know Here!

I’m not earning tokens for reading the issues under the Earn section. Not a big deal, since this is a cool bonus for my membership and a way to get me to read things I wouldn’t normally (Aquaman Rebirth #1 was really good!!) but still - if I complete the task, the rewards should apply.

1 Like

This actually explains a lot. I burn through a lot of comics and Community activity in a day, so it was a little frustrating to hit the cap almost immediately after signing up.

I definitely see the value of a cap, but it just feels low. Possible solutions that spring to mind include raising token costs commensurate with a higher cap, or leaving the cap and costs the same but reducing the amount of rewards for any given activity. Basically, I don’t mind how long it takes to redeem an actual reward, but my monkey brain would like to watch the little number tick up for longer before I hit a wall.

4 Likes

I completely agree with all of that. I feel the exact same.

2 Likes

:thinking: I’ll have to take this to the laboratory and explore further, very interesting that this is specifically with a brand new issue… Thank you for reporting!

2 Likes

You’re most welcome! Thank you for investigating!

2 Likes

Of course, you will always be you! But more specifically, you will retain all your badges in community, your activity stats, your rewards tokens, everything; the system will “remember” you, so to speak. Let me know if I missed another definition of “me”.

3 Likes

If you don’t mind, it would be wonderful to hear if these tokens trigger a few hours late. I think it’s possible that with the large increase in users today, there could be some delays. I will definitely pass this information along, but if you get a chance to update us if/when the tokens populate, we’d be much obliged :slight_smile:

2 Likes

All great feedback! Part of the “September” break is a built-in ability for the team to re-evaluate the economy if the program is a success. Making changes to it after already deciding on a system would most likely create some “across the board” imbalances. But as you are saying, the “feel” of an experience like this is king.

1 Like

I saw it today & signed up…yay. That’s such an awesome idea. This company truly is the best!!! Thank u & all the mods & DC in general for treating your fans so kindly. I loved it day 1 bare bones. It’s incredible how much has changed since then. Absolutely, a DC fans dream come true…

3 Likes

@GuyGardnerWarrior… I just signed up today & some of my tokens appeared around an hr later, from things I’d previously done. Idk what u use, but it also added a tokens section to my Appletv, which, along with an Ipad is what I use. So, possibly check later? I’m an extremely heavy reader/watcher etc. I was kinda feeling gipped too. Then they showed up. Obviously, not everything. But a lot that I’d read previously that were for tokens on the board. Hope it works out for ya’…

2 Likes

Will do! As of right now, they still haven’t populated. I’ll update in the morning!

2 Likes

Thanks, @capo-mage!

1 Like

The Rewards Program is really coming along and I’m actually loving the recommendations for things I may not have found amongst the massive amount of content here on DCU!

One request I have is to delineate between “things to watch” vs “things to read”. It’s not always evident with the sections being titled “Your Hand-Picked Heroes”, “Based on Your Recent Missions”, and “Around the Multiverse”. Perhaps it could be a simple corner icon of a tv :tv: or a book :blue_book:? Sorting by media type would also be helpful.

Thank you!

1 Like

@Applejack Interestingly, they’re not reflecting on the website, but I just checked the Android app and they’re showing correctly! Possible caching issue? Either way, all is well!

3 Likes

U bet…hope it works out for ya’ fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: oh nice…just saw post above me…yay!!! Lolz.

2 Likes

Is there a cap on daily Community activity with this new program? I noticed that my Rewards reset so that I could begin earning again and already had 3 entries by that time. 3 Community replies later (6 total since “reset” and all to unique threads), it seems to be stuck/not updating?

I noticed when I watched an episode of Harley Quinn on the computer, it did not register for tokens but when I watched a different episode on my phone, I got the tokens. That’s annoying because I prefer watching on the larger screen. It does seem like the things I read and watch on my computer don’t earn any tokens and just the ones I interact with on my phone.

I’m not getting points for videos , I’m on Mac and I dont have any ad blockers on and I watched all the way thru, and sometimes it seems like I have to read a comic 2 or 3 times to get the points

reward sites like swagbucks have a meter that loads whenever you get new points , that way you dont have to refrsh the page and all that, think you should maybe think about implementing a meter on the videos at least

rewards sites have commercials that we can watch for points, I know I would watch commercials all day if I could get some DC universe merchandise, just saying.

I like what you all are doing and this rewards thing is new and I know from exp that there will be growing pains and all that , but thank you for all your hard work

Just a small thing. Under the Bonus earning events, I’ve already watched Justice League Unlimited: Hawk and Dove and read Batgirl and the Birds of Prey: Rebirth #1, and have even gotten the Tokens for the cards, however they do not disappear from the list unlike the other cards I’ve also seen/read.

That IS some serious dedication. I can’t even commit to a whole Taco Bell party pack, os I too, am thoroughly impressed. Different area, but I recognize that dedication :clap:t4:

1 Like