[CLOSED] Rewards: Your Experience Earning Tokens - Let Us Know Here!

I think the idea is to create an economy that doesn’t rapidly devalue points.

As far as when the week resets, its 168 (7 Days exactly) hours after you initially registered, and every 7 days hours after that.

2 Likes

I feel the need to mention that my mind is just completely blown over how many comics you read daily… I wish I had the focus to do that! :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Appreciate it. I have an addictive personality. Once I’m into something it’s over. One track OCD driven mind. I have to know every thing about whatever I’m involved in. Also. If I set my mind on something & somebody or something stops me. I can’t handle it. If I decide I’m going to a friends & my car breaks down. I’ll walk 30 miles. I don’t have a car right now…but … just an example.

3 Likes

Sorry if this isn’t the correct spot for this but I no longer have the rewards section. Was it removed, or is something else going on with just me?

Do you mean, you didn’t know about the Rewards program? It’s brand new, and we’re just now testing it out. We’re running an early access for our Community members before releasing broadly. You can learn about this experience by reading the “About” post here:

We’ll be making an official announcement when the program is ready for THE WORLD.

2 Likes

Hi reload, we’re not prepared to announce the program on mobile devices yet, is that where you’re looking? To best access your Rewards, we recommend continuing to use a desktop computer using the link provided in the “About” topic. We’ll be announcing very soon when it’s ready on all devices!

In the meantime, you may be able to “shake” the app loose on mobile devices by exiting the app and re-entering; but this is not a guarantee at this time, as we’re still under the hood :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Applejack. I guess it won’t show on my iPad for a bit huh? I’m wondering what that challengers of the unknown tag people have is? Or how to get it? I pushed the link on this & …nothing. Still can’t open links on my iPad. Is that preventing me from earning that tag? Just curious: not a major issue.

1 Like

So excited to see all of the new comics added to DCU in May - what a feast! I finished Deathstroke #43 and got 15 tokens but then read Year of the Villain #1 with no tokens being added. I exited and re-entered the app but it’s still logging Deathstroke as my last comic read?

2 Likes

Hmmmm… last week a free one month premium subscription was 250 points, now its 400.

No matter, lets push the button anyway–

Okay, now I have a code I seem to have no way to use. I mean, I could wait until my Roku subscription runs out in 1 or 2 weeks, and then use the code to rejoin, I guess, but that seems silly. I could give it away, but I don’t know any around here who wants one that doesn’t have one.

Dilemmas…

2 Likes

Oh man. 5 more weeks of saving, and I can have that Harley Quinn statue…

5 Likes

Such value!

1 Like

Indeed! Based on the feedback we received through the beta test, we were able to determine a more prudent value for the subscription.

We will be releasing more items to redeem your tokens for, so! You can either save your rewards up and wait for that erally special something, write the code on a bottle and deliver it gently into the ocean (don’t do this it would be littering but it’s still romantic), or hang on to it until it’s time to re-sub :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Questions! Was Deathstroke the final comic you read that capped you out on tokens, or did you still have at least 15 tokens to go before reading Year of the Villain #1? (Looks like it, you have 175 in the screenshot here…)

Also, as of this writing, are you still seeing Deathstroke as the last comic you read? Or did the system eventually “catch up”?

Thank you for reporting this, it will be worth investigating if this was an issue with Year of the Villain maybe not being coded correctly (new comic, not yet added to Rewards bank?) or if there is a deeper issue with pinging from comic -> Rewards.

2 Likes

The Challengers of the Unknown tag is for members who joined our early beta test, before we did a soft launch to the broader community. It was a technically-focused intensive around the Rewards program that allowed us to better understand some of the user challenges early on before opening the program up a little bit :slight_smile: There will be more opportunities for testing and getting this tag in the future, never fear!

1 Like

Gotcha… I was just curious & asked around…crickets…lol.

1 Like

They took a vow of silence :zipper_mouth_face: :wink:

4 Likes

Can’t blame em’ then.

1 Like

Thank you for the follow-up @Applejack! Deathstroke was the last comic I read before comic reading was capped. After Year of the Villain (that didn’t seem to register tokens), I watched episodes and gained the remainder of my 250 weekly cap. The system didn’t add Year of the Villain into my Rewards activity at all. Here’s a screenshot that helps clarify.

1 Like

Well, technically I already done spent the tokens. If I resubscibe, will I still be me?

1 Like

I found earning tokens extremely easy; hell, I hit the weekly cap on my first day. I’m looking forward to next week when I can earn more.

2 Likes