Clawing Her Way to the Top: Tini Howard Discusses the All-New Catwoman

More like he is trying to, there are other factors in why she is a bit off, having to send Maggi away, another is the death of the ‘Dancer’ that helped her get away from Black Mask. And it’s likely her break with bruce is hitting her a bit harder as she is actually mostly living alone for the first time since she first left.

1 Like

I agree with that. I am curious as to how thier stories will start to intersect more. also what kind of themes in the story chip is going to tell and where the H E double hockey sticks is Tini going with this.

:exploding_head: guys i think we VASTLY UNDERESTIMATED TINI HOWARD!!! catwoman 42, where Catwoman blows up Black Masks mask, was 16 years to the month Catwoman killed black mask in vol 3 NEXT MONTHS IS THE ANNIVERSARY OF BATCAT MEETING IN BTAS AND HUSH ENDS WITH SELINA LEAVING TOWN IS SEPTEMBER BATMAN RELEASE…AND OCTOBER IS THE 19TH ANNIVERSARY OF SLAM BRADLY AND BATMAN GETTING INTO A FIGHT OVER SELINA!!! this month is when the purple costume debued, and the armpit and hush suits!! :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

I really don’t think anyone involved put that much thought into it.

:thinking: perhaps…
I think Eiko hired Valmont…to get Catwoman on her side. As Selina does not want to take over Gotham’s Crime she wants to keep Gotham crime from alleytown, yet it seems Valmont and Eiko want her to.

I am very curious what Valmont’s secrets will be when revealed. It feels like he’s very underexplained for someone supposedly a serious love interest for Catwoman. Eiko got the second n52 Annual for her backstory - I wonder if Valmont will get his own Annual.

1 Like

Personally, I don’t think the guy is a true love interest. The blush was from Eiko talking about having a relationship with Selina.

Why don’t you think Valmont is a true love interest? Howard certainly seems to be writing her that way, to me.

1 Like

Actually howard seems to be wrting him more as the manga character who wants the main female character…plus Well, Selina keeps shooting the guy down every time. and the plot synopsis for Dangerous Liaisons but I don’t see Selina falling for Valmont hard enough to hurt Bruce again. aslo given both the age difference, his lack of a broad build (compared to bruce), the only thing he has going for him is the mystery angle. But we will have to see how the next synapses reads. but also I figure Catwoman caught up to the backup of Batman 125, and they are going out of town to find Cobblepots kids.
then again when it comes to love bruce is always the one that gets screwed over in dc.

Well, as I’ve said before - it feels to me like Zdarsky wants to build up to a BatCat romance, rather than starting out with it being central, so Howard probably has to figure out what to do with Selina’s love life until then. I am a bit annoyed that her answer is “have her flirt with everything on two legs” - Harley, Eiko, Valmont - but I do think that the way she developed the Selina/Eiko relationship was reasonably well handled. I’m still really frustrated that she is ignoring the end of the Valentine run, but perhaps she’ll get to it in time.

3 Likes

well, he is actually building up as it’s not going to start until Failsafe ark is finished. Or he could just let Tini write the romance and only touch on it.

1 Like

We’ll have to wait and see!

2 Likes

However we also have to ask what kind of shape is Bruce going to be in by the end of Failsafe?

2 Likes

Bad, clearly!

I personally am thinking Zdarsky is hopefully structuring for a 2-3 year long arc. Dunno if that’ll happen, but I hope so! I want stability!

2 Likes

:thinking: Well depend also on how dark crisis and Batman Vs Robin end too.
Oh god, I hope Selina is included in World without the justice league: a world without Batman.

2 Likes

I personally think it’s gonna be like Metal and Death Metal - it won’t matter at all to most of the ongoing comics.

2 Likes

Yea. He’s probably building the relationship again. Need a few speedbumps along the way. The way he wrote Batman: The Knight he clearly knows Bruce has a type.

1 Like

wait…wait… wait…wait. what if howard was intentionally writing a bad run at the start? Howard has been working with Zedarsky, but for how long? what if it was from the start and she knew he was going to kill off Cobblepot?

batman backups in 125-128 establish that selina has been hunting Cobblepots kids, yet she and valmont are going to steal something illdefined.

what if this is valmont and eiko
however its mighty interesting that Aiden’s cufflink is a white crow

1 Like

:thinking: :bulb: :grin: :laughing: :rofl: :joy:CRAZY AS BEEP THEORY HELENA WAYNE IS VALMONT!!! THE DATES, THE DATES HELENA WAYNE OF EARTH TWO DIED 36 YEARS AGO IN MARCH 1986 CRISIS ISSUE 12 CATWOMAN VOL 5 39 MARCH 2022

HELENA WAYNE WAS FIRST APEARENCE 45 YEARS AGO IN NOVEMBER 1977! COVER DATE…DECEMBER How is she hiding her fetures a more advanced future emp mask. also valmont looks to be about Helena’s height of five foot eleven.
interesting enough what if why we dont have a solicit for Decembers Catwoman 50 because Helena makes her first batbook appearance in batman 130
…BECAUSE THEY ARE ALREADY PAYING HOMAGE TO THE FIRST HUNTRESS BY LIKELY HAVING HER MAKE A CAMIO HER INITIAL EXPERIENCE THE NEW GOLDEN AGE 1 OUT 11/8/22 LIKE SHE DID IN ALL STAR COMICS 69 45 YEARS AGO COVER DATE 11/1/1977
AND EXPLAINS WHO SHE IS IN STARGIRL: THE LOST CHILDREN LIKE SHE WAS IN DC SUPER-STARS #17
THEN HAVING HER ONGOING START ON 11/22/2022…WHICH IS THE 82ND ANNIVERSARY OF THE FIRST APPEARANCE IF THE JUSTICE SOCIETY 0_O! OCTOBER IS WHEN THE FIRST ISSUE OF HUNTRESS VOL 3 WAS RELEASED. AND BATMAN MEETS VALMONT IN OCTOBER! :exploding_head:

I am likely completely wrong here but god this would be fun to be right about…oh and by the way Helena Wayne of Earth-2 has killed a few people.

1 Like

I think that’s a bit too far in the crazy speculation for me to follow. :slight_smile:

2 Likes