Clawing Her Way to the Top: Tini Howard Discusses the All-New Catwoman

I go by DC Database method of separating series into volumes for instance, we are on Catwoman volume 5 46. were as Valentine’s run was in Catwoman vol 4 (new 52).

1 Like

Ah, cool. You should definitely check out Valentine’s two trades - they’re really good! #35-36, plus Annual #2.

2 Likes

I probably will if we don’t get a recon in the next issue of catwoman.

1 Like

What kind of retcon do you mean?

1 Like

Well, given Maggie did not exist in New 52, and Selina was a pure orphan in King’s run of batman, with Catwoman vol 5 redoing the backstory of Selina, it’s likely Eiko and Selina have a somewhat altered history that they would have a different history together. so it’s likely Eiko is not the Eiko of the New 52.

1 Like

Oh, I see what you mean. I don’t think Maggie would necessarily alter Selina’s history and feelings during Valentine’s run. I’ll have to reread, though part of me wants to wait on that until Howard’s run is done, so I can use it as a palate cleanser, rather than reading my favorite Catwoman run, then having to go back to Howard’s run.

But if you read it (and I give every recommendation to do so!), please let me know if you think that there’s something that needed retconning given what Jones did with her backstory.

1 Like

Mama Fortuna is also back in play in Selina’s past too, along with holly who did not exist in new 52.

1 Like

Shhhh. Death Metal says everything happened. Just go with it! (Though I am curious who Selina’s dad is currently.)

2 Likes

have you read the sneak preview of Batman 127: Bruce thinks Selina moved on. :grin: we know she has not. that Definitely explains the tone of this solicit.

1 Like

I have not read anything from 127 yet - do you have a linky?

1 Like

opps sorry i got 6 and seven confused there i said 127 when i ment 126: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/29/dc-preview-batman-126/

1 Like

Oooh, haha, that makes more sense. I have read all of 126 (reviews). I really think (this is speculation, not based on anything I’ve read in comics or interviews) that Zdarsky is building up to a reunion. But you have to have a longing, a sadness, for the reunion to have more impact, at least, that’s what I think his construction is going for.

3 Likes

I think tini may be in agreement.

1 Like

You may be right. I am just not enjoying the way she’s building to it at all in any way, whereas I’m enjoying the bits of Zdarsky I’ve read so far quite a lot.

2 Likes

Honestly, so far it feels more like she has been writing filler.

1 Like

I don’t understand the road trip story. That almost literally was filler.

2 Likes

Well, Selina was stressed and just needed to get away for a bit…and likely was filler.

2 Likes

So, I’m pretty glad I’m not the only one who thinks this run is a **** show. Just read Batman 126 Im liking chip so far I’m just hoping considering they’re writing in tandem that he can right the ship. I agree that valmont is a pretty irritating character but I don’t think he’ll be around in the long run as others have said he seems to be written expressly to be the straw that breaks the proverbial camels back of Selina and Bruce’s relationship I’m guessing due to the morality of valmont Selina will end up having to choose between being more heroic or villainous.

3 Likes

I think she has already made that choice. It’s being more heroic.

2 Likes

Yes but since the start of this run it seems valmont has been corrupting her.

1 Like