Choose one of these people to stay dead.

This dude says Hal is boring but puts Jessica lmao

2 Likes

@Kingofspeedsters: Agreed Barry is the best Flash.

3 Likes

Finally someone who agrees!!

2 Likes

Jason. He’s the tribal armband tattoo on the DC universe. He smells like Mountain Dew Code Red. His superhero name should be Vape. He’s a human Ed Hardy shirt.

4 Likes

@HubCityQuestion
Is Superman boring because he is so “perfect”?

Barry is the person Supes sees that allows him to continue being Supes. Barry is “the best part of ourselves”, he provides “hope” in the way Supes wants to but knows he never quite can because of his virtually “absolute power”. He knows people can certainly look at him with that shred of “absolute power eventually corrupts” uncertainty. When they do, he (and everybody else in the DCU) can point to Barry and say “look at that man, even with his abilities, he is a good man.”

Why is it in JL Doom, The contingency Batman has in place for Flash is the one, and only one, that requires the hero to sacrifice himself. Why…because Barry will do that, every time. That is his character flaw and his biggest, most exploitable weakness. He cares about everybody else rather than himself.

1 Like

All of the above. And every other character that has died. If death doesn’t stick, it removes all consequences and sense of danger. Barry has proven that the death of the main character does not lead to the death of the series, and if anything, DC is the “legacy” publisher. There are plenty of other heroes and supporting characters waiting for their time to shine, and sadly, the death of a title character is one of the best ways to get someone else into the spot light. Besides, if all of these characters keep dying and coming back, why should we even care when we know we’ll just see them again in a few years?

2 Likes

I think that it should have been Barry. I prefer Wally and you also talked about how Barry has saved Wally, but he also got rid of Wally’s family. I know that they changed flashpoint by blaming Dr. Manhattan, but Barry is still somewhat responsible for causing more damage to the universe than any other hero. Barry still hasn’t suffered any consequences for what he did. He’s running around the world with Iris but he completely destroyed Wally’s life.

3 Likes

Like, what if the end of Hamlet had Polonius and Ophelia appear out of nowhere? That would take away all of the plot those deaths went towards and ruin the story. Just like most resurrections do now.

1 Like

Barry, not necessarily because I find him boring, but because DC’s made it clear that they want to have either Barry or Wally, and if it comes down to it, I prefer Wally.

3 Likes

Of these I would go with Barry. Wally West becoming Flash is the one time a passing of the torch stuck and was successful. Given the Flash TV series success I guess from a business standpoint it worked out pretty well bringing him back. But from a narrative one I was never on board.

3 Likes

Kal El my least favorite hero of all time so I wouldn’t miss him

1 Like

Also, didn’t Barry kill Darkseid? If so, that’s pretty impressive.

1 Like

Barry. Loved Wally in JLTAS and the JLA Morrison run.

3 Likes

You guys are all acting as if Wally isnt flash anymore. He is still the flash. Just a different one. You guys never had a problem with having a bunch of speedsters around, and now you are? I dont get you guys.

2 Likes

How could you guys say that he should be dead😭

1 Like

@kingofspeedsters Maybe tell the writers that, and not the fans. We’re very aware of multiple Flashes, we just want Wally to be treated better. DC has made it pretty clear they prefer making stories for Barry compared to Wally. They even completely got rid of the original Wally for the N52.

4 Likes

I’d probably go with Hal Jordan, because while I’ve grown to like him more over the past few years, of all the people on the list, he’s still kind of at the bottom.

1 Like

@cold smokemike

Wally is actually pretty big in the rebirth issues. He also has a sick costume. And almost everything revolves around him.

1 Like

If you guys want to talk about the flash more I have a thread that I answer and discuss about the speedtsers. Ots kind if my specialty

1 Like

“He’s still kind of at the bottom”

Lol you just went

5 Likes