šŸŸ£ āš« Celebrating 30 Years of Stephanie Brown āš« šŸŸ£

Why is the Batman Reborn Batgirl figure so expensive on the secondary market? I would love it, being a huge Steph fan, but not for $130+. Thatā€™s very disappointing.

2 Likes

How am I just finding this thread now?

:purple_heart: :00_batgirl_cass_cain:

2 Likes

I literally had no idea her history was 30 years, I thought she came out some time in the early 2000s and , wow, yeah i missed out.

3 Likes

I think they didnā€™t make very many of them. :frowning:

I donā€™t have one myself - I have two of the Heroclix Batgirl figures for her instead.

WELCOME! :slight_smile:

Now ya know! Just check out her wiki if you have questions (or ask me :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

:hugs:

3 Likes

Probally because her run as Batgirl didnā€™t sell that well

1 Like

Welcome back to the community, @Gatchaman59. Please donā€™t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :batparrot:

2 Likes

Thank you! Itā€™s good to be back.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t know these existed! I picked up the Spoiler action figure, and the Heroclix one as well. Actually, I accidentally bought the Babs one first, but decided to keep it and then got the Steph one. So, I have three total on my way. I hope eventually they make another Steph Batgirl one.

2 Likes

Very awesome! I have the Steph Batgirl, Robin, and Spoiler from the Heroclix collection.

2 Likes

I want Stephanie Brown to become Talon

1 Like

Thatā€™s so dark - whyso?

1 Like

Only in the darkness can the brightest spark fly.

Well, Iā€™m asking for more of a story or what tools this would give Steph to tell new stories. Steph is already pretty much herself - her own skills, history, relationships, etc - what would being a Talon do that makes her better, at least for you? Why not use Strix or another Talon?

3 Likes

How about making it a very light hearted story.

Stephanie cannot get to her costume (please tell me she has spares). She thinks owls are cute, and she finds one and wears it.

2 Likes

The formula for the charactor isnā€™t quite right for long term success

I am 100% behind this one. LOL, would be great. She accidentally wanders into a Court meeting, and has to pretend to be one. Great Jeeves and Wooster stuff.

I meanā€¦obviously I disagree. And 30 years also disagree. Works a lot better without Dan Didio working against you for 15 years!

4 Likes

Generally, its due to two things:

:purple_circle: 1. Ignorant eBay sellers that donā€™t know their product and think ā€œHey, this is old and still in its package. Well, I have to mark it up a ton so as to turn a profit. Surely, someone will pay what Iā€™m asking.ā€

Good luck with that mentality eBay sellers, and enjoy hanging onto your overpriced and unsold product for a long time.

:purple_circle: 2. The more likely scenario: High demand, due to DC Directā€™s StephBats figure currently being the one and only figure of her at this point in time. If someone wants a figure of Steph in her Batgirl duds, thatā€™s literally the only option that exists, right now.

Once McFarlane and/or other companies start releasing their own StephBats figure(s), you will likely see the demand for the DC Direct piece plummet as other options for getting her in plastic come to be. Its happened with many other characters in the past, and it will likely happen with StephBats as well.

4 Likes

Iā€™d really love to see a classic 2009 Steph Batgirl action figure on the market againā€¦

3 Likes

Thanks for this awesome reply. Everything you said makes sense. I want a StephBats figure badly, but Iā€™m not going to pay $130 for one. Crazy. Knowing another one will eventually come out, Iā€™ll use my patience. Today Iā€™m having the Spoiler figure delivered, and Iā€™m totally stoked about that. That thing looks like a beauty.

3 Likes