CASTING ANNOUNCEMENT: Muschietti's The Flash Movie Has Its Supergirl

It’s funny, sometime last year they announced that this coming season of Supergirl would be the last and then they cancelled her comic. At the time, I commented that when the Suicide movie was being put together, they wasted no time killing Amanda Waller and Deadshot in the CW. Now no sooner is Supergirl being gently pushed off the small screen than a big screen version is being introduced in the Flashpoint…
(I’m actually surprised The Flash itself isn’t being cancelled)

2 Likes

I didn’t know Supergirl would be in this movie, I think that’s awesome. I’ve only been interested in seeing Flash CW episodes when it was a crossover with Supergirl. Loved the reaction video! I hope we get Superman and Supergirl together sometime.

3 Likes

I feel like the movie, while fun, does have some issues. Mainly with small choices that were made.

That video is hilarious

Same

2 Likes

The more Karas the merrier. Give me all the Karas!

4 Likes

what version have you liked the best so far?

I really like Melissa Benoist’s version of the Kara. Even though the CW/Arrowverse characterization of her is more “a female version of Superman,” I still think it definitely worked and Benoist made Supergirl extremely likable. Plus there is the added bonus that Melissa Benoist is a snack and a half :heart_eyes::boom:.

Personally I like Kara when she is depicted with a little anger and rebellion. So Smallville had some of that. The best Supergirl in comic form is the Being Supergirl mini series. I would love to see more of that Kara.

What about the DCAU version from Superman: TAS?

I didn’t dig too deep into TAS, but I did like her in Justice League Unlimited.

Same voice actress

I am very excited to see a live-action Supergirl on the big screen!

2 Likes

Just hope she is written well

1 Like