CASTING ANNOUNCEMENT: Muschietti's The Flash Movie Has Its Supergirl

Excited to see it in 3222.

2 Likes

Never trust rumors

1 Like

Hope she gets a blonde wig or does hair dye

1 Like

She seems lovely! I think she’s going to be perfect. More info about the casting and her supposed role in the movie here!

If they are indeed going to combine Flashpoint and Crisis on Infinite Earths (as reported in the video) I hope they can pull it off. I’m so tired of negative DCEU talk.

5 Likes

Very interesting. I like the casting choice. My only concern is (where is Superman?). It seems like WB is playing it low key in regards to any information about Henry or Superman in general going forward. Maybe they are waiting to see numbers on ZSJL…?

1 Like

It is a meta death of Superman. ;l

1 Like

I love Grace but her misguided harshness with respect to Birds of Prey always makes me so sad… I wish she could see the love we have for that movie!

4 Likes

Not sure I have any love for it

2 Likes

Couldn’t care less if she does or not. Didn’t bother me when Keanu gave us a brunette Constantine, won’t bother me here.

5 Likes

I can’t say that I’ve ever watched that film myself, but from what I hear that Constantine movie had much bigger problems with it than the color of Keanu Reeves’s hair :joy:

I get what you mean though. It’s not like that’s something that would keep me from liking her portrayal of the character.

2 Likes

What about with Keanu not doing a British accent?

:man_shrugging: Didn’t have a problem with that either. Better he focus on his performance than botch a fake accent just to be more comic accurate.

1 Like

Same. Like Grant Gustin’s hair isn’t blonde but I like em’ regardless as Barry Allen.
There’s some nice fan art of her with both hair colors. Looks good either way.

6 Likes

As a Hispanic myself, this makes me very happy.

5 Likes

Very exciting! I have nothing but high hopes for the actor!

I hope Kara’s character design fits the MoS aesthetic, and that we get a chance to see her interact with Cavill’s Superman in a movie dedicated to that relationship. I’m really pleased to see her in Flash, but Supergirl isn’t a Flash character after all, she’s a Superman character.

And by that same token, I hope Flash has enough screentime in his own movie that he’s sharing with two Batmen and Supergirl too! Obviously I’m hell of psyched for the guest stars but the Flash is the Flash after all.

She’s been semi-reliable about Snyder Cut stuff, but I get the feeling a lot of her “scoops” are basically wish fulfillments against people, mainly actresses she hates. If I remember right, she has an outright vendetta against Margot Robie, including leaking false info like the diamond in the movie having instead of account information to the Bertinelli fortune some…how to put this on here…explicit photos of a certain part of Black Masks’ anatomy.

Yeah, considering how Keanu tried to do a Brit accent in Bram Stoker’s Dracula, it’s probably for the best. :laughing:

Honestly, outside of the hair and accent, I felt like he had a pretty faithful take on the character. There’s some key character moments for the comics character that aren’t mentioned, but I remember the novelization was able to add them in with almost no problem.

The only part that I didn’t like was in the end when John breaks through Papa Midnite’s club with the cross shotguns. That’s when he stops being John Constantine for a few minutes and turns into Supernatural John Wick.

There’s one fan art – well, I say fan art, it’s by BossLogic who seems to be doing some official stuff lately – that I keep coming back to because it looks so cool:

I love the way he combines the cape and skirt look, but the thing I really love is the two tones of blue breaking up the color scheme. I LOVE this look, I think it’s such an elegant alternative to the trunks, and I think this would work very well for Superman himself.

And haircolor wise – I’d be happy to see her blonde, but if they don’t I won’t be super angry about it. I hope that at least they could do what they did with Jason Mamoa and Jurnee Smollett (who I actually spelled her name right without looking it up and I’m PROUD) and add some blonde highlights.

5 Likes

Amawesome! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

That looks so DOPE !! It’d be a great way to make her Supergirl even more unique than what we’ve seen so far on screen. Kinda like with Gal’s gladiator skirt for WW.

Not sure about Margot but Grace did get in a Twitter fight with the Director for Birds of Prey over her inaccuracy in reporting. Grace does have a personal vendetta against Jessica Chastain enough so that there’s compilation videos of it lol

4 Likes

Indeed, it’s really sad. She says she’s a feminist but she’s too often putting down women in her videos. I do appreciate her knowledge and insights but sometimes it’s very uncomfortable.

4 Likes

Can’t be a feminist and not like specific women?