Captain Marvel or SHAZAM

Is there anyone here who still refers to Billy Batson as Captain Marvel or do you prefer SHAZAM?

8 Likes

Shazam is lowkey a better name.

1 Like

SHAZAM!!! The original Captain Marvel

4 Likes

What Adam said.

2 Likes

I agree with @cbplanets. Although I still refer to him as the OG Captain Marvel, but Shazam seems more fitting now.

1 Like

It’s crazy that both Shazam and Captain Marvel have movies coming out at the same time. What a wonderful world we live in!

1 Like

I refer to him as both, but I do have more of a preference for “Shazam”.

2 Likes

yeah I still think of him as Captain Marvel but I like Shazam!

3 Likes

I prefer him as Captain Marvel since that is what I knew him as growing up. But get why they have him go by Shazam! now, it was causing confusion and Marvel wasn’t going to ever let the trademark lapse, and given they have been branding Shazam! since the 70’s a lot of people who didn’t read his books thought that was his name anyway.

2 Likes

Shazam by far and I like Ms. Marvel over Captain Marvel as well

Captain Marvel.

Shazam doesn’t sound like a name to me.

3 Likes

Shazam the app that helps you identify the songs you don’t know, download the latest version on Android or iOS today!

He’ll always be Captain Marvel to me.

3 Likes

Shazam – not just because he canactually be published with his real name, but because of the additional world building and power expansion that came with it made him even more compelling as a character.

He’ll always be Captain Marvel, but to me it’s more fun to say Shazam.

1 Like

He is Captain Marvel; I owed the VHS tape of the 1941 movie serial and later replaced it with a DVD. Shame about the copyright issues, but once the movie starts rolling I hope Shazam is only used to change him into the hero.

1 Like

Captain Marvel: a superhero should be able to say his own name

1 Like

I’m old school, I will always prefer Captain Marvel. Because of the Marvel Comics debacle, I’m ok with Shazam, but I’m also open to Captain Thunder from Flashpoint.

2 Likes

I have trouble cuz I call him Captain Marvel. So I always feel a need to parenthesize ( or Shazam/ Billy Batson if u prefer). Gets tiring. As @JLWWSM said tho, it is fun to say Shazam.

1 Like

We kind of have to call him Shazam now.