Captain Marvel or SHAZAM

I still call him Captain Marvel. I get why they changed it, but I feel like they should have made it something like “Captain Shazam” so he doesn’t have to use the magic word when introducing himself.

3 Likes

DCPrince No. We don’t. Even if that’s his official name now, we can still call him by what he was before

1 Like

He’s Captain Marvel for me.

1 Like

Captain marvel on principle but shazam is cooler lol

Captain Marvel for me, ONLY the wizard is Shazam! Captain Marvel is who Billy Batson is, no matter what the comics say.

I still call him Captain Marvel, and I know it was officially changed in like 2013, it doesn’t make too much sense to me because he can’t say his own name without turning back into Billy Batson. I call him Shazam too, but don’t see how he could avoid saying it if its his name

Used to call him captain marvel and didn’t like SHAZAM! but the more I said it the more I got used to it like cyborg on the justice league didn’t like that he was apart the justice league instead of the teen titans but kinda got used to (I say kinda because I still prefer him on the teen titans)

Captain Marvel now and forever

2 Likes

Shazam has a cooler name and captain marvel sounds unique

1 Like

I’d rather Billy be called Captain Marvel it was his name first.

2 Likes

“Hi, my name is Shaz- uh, well, I’d tell you my name, but then I’d get struck by a bolt of lightning. But my name is the same as the name of my wizard friend, and it’s also my magic word, and an acronym of a bunch of cool dudes. My name would be a name that I could tell you, but Marvel Comics stole the trademark to it. Trust me, it makes complete sense.”

And besides, if Billy is Shazam, what does that make Freddy and Mary? Shazam Jr. and Mary Shazam? I mean, Freddy already couldn’t say his own name, but now none of them can.

1 Like

Captain Marvel is my preference, Shazam is the wizard’s name.

3 Likes