Cant Marvel And DC Fans Just Get Along And Like Both?

Yeah, they can!

1 Like

I love both. I donā€™t know why people get so elitist about it

4 Likes

Just like what you want to like. Personally I love bagging on Marvel. Their die hards have always been obnoxious and disrespectful towards DC. Iā€™ve been dealing with it since the 80s so I like to give it right back whenever I can. Funny thing is that I do in fact like some Marvel characters/books very much. Itā€™s just that fanbase of theirs. But thats just me. Man if you want to love and support both equally then by all means do it.

3 Likes

I think the rivalry is over-hyped. Iā€™ve met a few people who would trash talk one or the other but usually just hadnā€™t been exposed to books from the other in a while. Artists and authors move back and forth from one company to another and the people running DC and Marvel just like us grew up on both. If you are a fan of a writer or an artist youā€™ll be a fan of their work regardless of which banner they work under.

3 Likes

There if no serious rivalry, itā€™s always been friendly. BUT many fans are toxic especially the MCU ones. Real Marvel comic fans loved dc before the mcu even existed and didnā€™t really trash on dc and enjoyed both. Itā€™s pretty pathetic to try to look down on someone if they like dc.

7 Likes

Just wanted to give a quick reminder concerning language and our Forum Guidelines, as although we appreciate enthusiasm, and great discussions, excessive profanity isnā€™t allowed, and will be removed, as needed. In order to see them, you can access them here: The DC Universe Community Guidelines ā€“ DC Universe Help Center

1 Like

Iā€™ve always considered myself to be a DC fan more than a Marvel fan, but I have been a Spider-Man fan since I was a kid, and I like a few others. All I want is a good, fun story.

1 Like

I just finished Vixen the d.c. book club book of the week . If you havenā€™t read it I would recommend it. In that same week I finished defenders on marvel unlimited would any body here be interested in a marvel book of the week club?

1 Like

If the companies canā€™t get along, then thereā€™s no hope for the fans. My favorite hero canā€™t even have his own name.

Na man get that Disney outta here lol

2 Likes

When I say Iā€™m not a fan of marvel isnā€™t bc I think Iā€™m a ā€œtrue fanā€. I simply do not like marvel. I do not hate marvel fans, nor do I actually hate marvel. I just have no interest in marvel books and their movies I could live without. Iā€™m just not invested in the characters and have any interest in that universe. Just bc you like science fiction doesnā€™t mean gi have to like every single scifi movie. I will not force myself to like something bc Iā€™m being pressured into it or made to feel guilty. I simply do not find marvel enjoyable the same way I feel about dc. Thereā€™s a special magic there and it all comes down to * wait for it* personal tastes. So no Iā€™m not being an elitist or a snob by saying I donā€™t like marvel. In fact itā€™s kinda hypocritical to assume thatā€™s the reason why.

2 Likes

I try not to compare the two. It is like when Dick and Connor were asked ā€œWho would win in a fight, Superman or Batman?ā€ They didnā€™t argue. That is the way I choose to think about the two franchises.

2 Likes

Wait thereā€™s another comic book company? Oh yeah thatā€™s right Dark Horse is pretty rad

4 Likes

Haha! I love both I think apps like this help people have access to more.

Also when we were young and had to spend our allowance on fewer books we had to defend our camp!!

Kind of like the SNes vs Sega debate!

1 Like

Lol Gregor Iā€™m still on team nintendo since the playstation vs 64 days. To this day I have never had a Sony console but the ps4 might change that.

3 Likes

@Southpark, I agree with you. I donā€™t hate Marvel, or their non-troll fans, I just have zero interest in the Marvel characters.

1 Like

Comic fans must be better humans than Republican and Democrat leadership.

1 Like

As a comic shop owner I like them both. But there are a lot of independent comics that are overlooked as well. Personally I lean toward Marvel (X-Men), but I enjoy DC especially on the animation front. I am ready for Birds of Prey myself.

1 Like

I like both Marvel & DC universe, never read any of there comics but I did like there movies such as The Dark Knight, Black Panther, Wonder Woman, Infinity War, Spiderman 3, and much moreā€¦ But if I had to choose a side it would be DC, Honestly

2 Likes

I like both!