Cant Marvel And DC Fans Just Get Along And Like Both?

I was expecting something logical and common sense than "that was it for me"after one marvel movie scene. But you’re right, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that such fanboy crap exist

1 Like

Nothing wrong with loving both DC and Marvel as a same. They both got great Super heroes, I grew up enjoying them both, just like I grew up watching Star Wars and Star Trek, they are both great in their own ways. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with prefering one company over the other either but at least give credit, fair chances, and be respectful. As I’ve said many times, Each company has their own pros and cons. Each legacy deserves respect.

I’ll be there for DC’s Aquaman, Marvel’s Avengers 4, Dark Horse’s Spawn and if Image gets another TMNT movie

3 Likes

TX85, I guess I wasn’t clear enough. I didn’t give up on Marvel over one movie or one character, it was a long time coming, I’ve just had enough of their foolishness, juvenile humor doesn’t appeal to me. Marvel characters have just never been my cup of tea, but I don’t go on Twitter and trash talk their fans like they do to DC

4 Likes

Ugh I can just imagine the cesspool pitt comments within social media and youtube.

I get the part about certain humor in marvel films. I love Thor Ragnarok but the humor in both Guardians of the Galaxy films and especially vol. 2 was not for me and it’s a big reason I find those 2 films so overrated.

I’m fine with the humor in other marvel movies but I was disappointed that JL tried to go that route

4 Likes

@mikethecopticCalendar - my best friend’s mom has a saying, “people will treat you the way you let them treat you”. In your post, you mentioned you “didnt want to argue” with your friends, but…they didn’t seem to mind making you feel bad or arguing with you.

I am NOT advocating being mean back to them because that just pulls you into the mud with them. But, your opinion that “marvel and dc both equal there both good in their own ways…” is just as valuable as their opinions. In my opinion, don’t pull back from speaking your mind, as long as its done respectfully.

5 Likes

I would have smacked them across the back of their heads…but yeah the other way and respectively would probably be best lol

3 Likes

I can’t say that I am a partisan. I grew up with both in the 80’s when comics seemed to be more about the characters than the action or whatever apocalypse was coming. Both companies were like that. I got hooked back in through the Arrowverse because it reminded of those days. I still go Marvel movies, but at home, I like DC

2 Likes

I’ve never been much for any us or them attitude. But we’re Batman!! You’re Spider-Man!! Sounds like a desperate need for the wagons to be circled. Shields up!! That Archie fan may contaminate us!! You know what Captain America is, right? It’s a gateway drug to the Avengers!! What do you mean you just read a great issue of Spider-Man? You-- you-- Bat-traitor!! Next thing you know, you’ll be watching Star Trek AND Star Wars! And then-- you know you’ll have to turn in your lightsaber, right? Or, maybe it’s your tricorder that will have to be taken away. Snarkiness out of the way, DC purists-- I won’t be deleting my my Spider-Man and X-Men runs. Marvel zealots-- I’m keeping my Batman and Titans libraries, too. And I don’t really care if you like it not.

2 Likes

Nah, lol.

I’ve never got that either Batman is my favorite character but Spiderman is my second.It seems silly to me

4 Likes

I enjoy both. No need for snarkiness. If you like it read it to watch it. It hurts no one.

6 Likes

I agree with Brian5150. I like both and don’t see any reason it has to be either/or.

Just read, watch, and have fun.

5 Likes

Yea I LOVE both, don’t understand why people get mad lol, it’s not like they’re completely different

4 Likes

those fans are cancer

2 Likes

Honestly, its nothing new. It’s been going on forever just like Beatles or Stones or Ohio state or Michigan. Idk if I have enough time to tell u why. But the heart of the matter involves Jack Kirby and Stan Lee. I 100% no why I just don’t know how much I’d have to write. Watch Robert Kirkmans secret history of comics and some light will be shed. He’s a Marvel guy and he basically made that show, all pro DC and negative against Marvel. I’m trying to be delicate cuz I don’t want anyone getting upset, so here’s a few examples stating facts only as I have thus far. Stan Lee got a job as a janitor/lunch getter/gopher for marvel under Jack Kirby and co. Lee had been in love with Captain America (whom Kirby created) so he was willing to take any job there he could get. As time went on he began penciling in words on Kirby and others comics. Eventually, he started a section saying talk to Stan lee and put his picture with a Q&A section in Kirby and companies comics. Suddenly he became more famous then the people drawing and writing the comics. This infuriated Kirby so he left Marvel and started at DC and created the fourth world right away. Then Kirby invented the JSA, seeing the success it was having Marvel asked Lee if he could come up with something like that. Hence, the Avengers were born. Kirby saw this as another act of Lee piggybacking everything he created. Forgot one detail, Lee came up with Spider-Man after all the other stuff I just mentioned prior to Kirby leaving Marvel. He asked Kirby to draw it, then said no, I don’t like the way your drawing him, and asked an artist lower down the chain to do it instead. This was the last straw and then Kirby left to create 4th wall at DC. Feel free to fact check anything I’ve said. I’m only DC but it’s one of those things that just is, most people are one or the other. People can be both and I’m fine with it but your friends were acting out an argument that’s as old as any rivalry, it’s nothing new.

4 Likes

You left out the part where Marvel was paying DC employees for info on what DC was working on, this is why Marvel came out with copy cat versions of DC characters so quickly

4 Likes

BrightKnight

As I said I didn’t wanna write an entire page (still almost did) but in full transparency that argument wasn’t going to be in the next 5 paragraphs I was planning on writing cuz I didn’t know that. So thank u for adding to my arsenal.

1 Like

I was under the impression that they stole each other’s writer’s and artists back and forth. That’s why shazam isn’t captain marvel. But I could be mistaken. And that is the reason I didn’t want joss weden to finish justice league it just felt like a bad idea to me.
But no there’s no betrayal comics are comics daredevil, Electra ,and punisher are some of my favorites in comics
Movies: man of steel, dawn of justice ultimate edition, and wonder woman then sin city 1and 2. Then the mcu challenge your friends to read a DC comic . You have the app. pick somthing awesome and watch them come around. Oh and tv shows daredevil 1-3

It’s like arguing over which science fiction Publishing House you prefer …good science Fiction’s good science fiction. Good Comics are good regardless of publisher. Good art’s good art across the board. In one day I’ll read Walking Dead something from Valiant something from DC something from Marvel it’s all good. Also watch something on CW something on NBC something on Hulu I mean it’s life today.

1 Like