Cancelled DC Shows

Sits quietly in the shadows wondering if he should bring up the fact that Black Lightning never gets mentioned even tho it was an awesome show and never got the final send off it deserved

4 Likes

I always see big dislike for its final season, so in effect it only had 3 seasons for fans to enjoy, and it was always overshadowed by several other shows. Now it is still overshadowed.

3 Likes

Might have? Lol. I wouldn’t know? But, yeah. Poor job of advertising especially for a channel like that. If it wasn’t for the fact I’m an absolute freak over the Olympics I wouldn’t have known?

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t have Twitter

2 Likes

I was never a big fan of Black Lightning. However, if they didn’t end it well, that’s the fault of creative, as they knew going in it was the final season…

4 Likes

Supposedly the actors were not working the normal hours on it anymore crippling their abilities.

2 Likes

I thought it was a fantastic show. It was completely different than the other DC shows. The main actors were great, the villains were excellent, the sub plots were relevant and the action was as good or better than the other Arrowverse content. It had a fan base. All the other shows(excluding Legends) got a finale event. BL got a normal, but lackluster episode that rushed 4 seasons of conflict resolution into it with a 3-4 minute character wrap up at the end. All I’m saying is it deserved better than that

2 Likes

Aside from Legends of Tomorrow, Black Lightning was my favorite DC show on The CW. I like that it had a slightly more serous tone than the Arrowverse shows and that it was socially relevant. It had a good balance of both character and action. I think the final season could have been better and most certainly the series finale could have been.

3 Likes

And that’s why opinions are great. I am thrilled for you that you enjoyed it so much. For me, the stories were not great, I did not get invested in the characters (especially Jennifer), the action was hurt by the budget constraints, and the costume was absolutely awful (though the 2nd version was much better). Again, the creative forces KNEW going in to the final season that it WAS the FINAL season, so it is their fault that it was not wrapped better. I loved Supergirl, but was disappointed in that finale as well, but they were able to end the story. Legends is the only one left wide open and NEEDING a resolve they did not get a chance to finish. Naomi was left wide open, and I don’t ever want to revisit that story, but I would greatly appreciate a truly faithful adaptaton in a redoing of the series, even if they kept the same actors…

3 Likes

There’s an interview somewhere where the Legends show runner mentions they took a gamble ending the season the way they did, in hopes of getting renewed. Shows should never end like that; it sucks. Still reeling from Lois & Clarks last episode.

Agree regarding Naomi. They took “adaptation” to the next level there, and not in a good way. Was more of a mangling of the source material.

4 Likes

better to end a season with some threads that can be picked up, but with a conclusion that is ultimately an acceptable place to close a chapter of story as it were.

2 Likes

I know I constantly repeat myself. But, I’ve never seen FB, Twitter etc. I should quit announcing that tho…I got a new phone with Privacy Protection. It shows me who’s lifting my finds. Such as, Out of context chaos etc etc. shows me the pic, where it was used on someone else’s FB or whatever social media it is. -& says they attempted to hack my Google & DC account. As well as my email. I was like…man. I do one social media thing ever!!! & people still steal my Intellectual property? I know it’s not mine personally. But, I did do all the work? -& I’d definitely appreciate it, if they didn’t try to hack my accounts thru it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I can’t even imagine if I was doing FB, Twitter etc. Probably would’ve been hacked multiple times. Scary out there… :scream:

1 Like

Personally, I love Twitter. I even got thanked by Judd Winick for my review of his GL story about the gay bashing. I mean, how cool is it that the author listened to little ole me review his story from 20 years ago??? If anyone wants to listen (shameless plug): Episode 149--Pride Finale by The Chris-Cast

2 Likes

Twitter is actually my social media service of choice. It was there that I found the classic movie community (including my dearest V) and I have had the opportunity to interact with a lot of people I admire. One hears a lot about trolls there, but I haven’t had that much experience with them. In fact, it seems to me there are more on FB (which is why I am not active there)!

2 Likes

I feel ya’ @MovieAddict & @mercurie80 I do wish I could chat sometimes. I love the Q &A’s on here!!! I had Dan Jurgens tell me to hit him up on Twitter…I was like…:face_with_peeking_eye:. Felt so bad. It is amazing to talk to your heroes!!!

2 Likes

I kept getting banned for nothing on Facebook and moved to Twitter, best move ever. Also, any suggestions on the classic movie groups you are following? Sounds like it’s right up my alley…

2 Likes

I absolutely suggest following Lynda Carter on it if you want a fun account and DC related. I got to see a lady perform the theme to Wonder Woman on a violin and I had to go and compliment her in the original post because it was so cool…

3 Likes

Agreed, along with several other shows.

Bots

3 Likes

Well, you might want to do a search on the hashtag TCMParty some time. It’s a group of TCM fans who live tweet to the films shown on that channel.

1 Like

That’s awesome. I’ve got a ton of conversations & write ups from my favorites just from here. But I hear ya’.

Amanda Conner.

Amanda & Hubby Jimmy Palmiotti.

Wow!!., that was rough… I couldn’t see them. So marked em as favorites. But, I still couldn’t see unless I zoomed in. Then it would pop off. Had to start over. I had a ton in order…but, just had to lay down whatever I thought was one?

2 Likes