Cancelled DC Shows

Except for how one guy looked

2 Likes

I was thinking that perhaps HBO Max could conceivably pick up a show immediately after its cancellation on another network. Naomi for instance.

2 Likes

Unlike the others I have not seen any interest in Naomi season 2.

2 Likes

not sure what you mean

1 Like

I think we all agree it’s best for Naomi to be done…

3 Likes

How about DC Superhero Girls? I haven’t heard anything about a third season. Think HBO Max could pick that up?

2 Likes

I Like D.C. Super Hero Girls!
I Hope In Gets Renewed!
The Show is Perfect!

The Show is Light!
The Show is Also Funny!
The Show is Also Bright and Colorful!

3 Likes

Well, I did enjoy Naomi, even if it did depart a good deal from the comics. Even so, I wasn’t terribly disappointed when it was cancelled and I am not eager for it to return on another platform. It’s not like Legends of Tomorrow, where I was both upset and angry over the cancellation and I want someone to pick it up!

3 Likes

That was inevitable. The comic is not only short, but unlike the very fast paced Stars and STRIPE was very slow paced. Unless her appearances in Justice League and Young Justice offered lots of material for the show then the whole series could easily be adapted in only 1 or 2 episodes.

3 Likes

I loved Powerless. Wish it would’ve kept going? Justice League Action not canceled. But, one season & then never been on anything u don’t have to pay for? I would’ve left em all on dvr if id’ve known?…Swamp Thing of course.

3 Likes

It was at least consistent how they bastardise certain characters like Jacob Kane and the other supporting cast.

I got real excited for the series when it was announced because I got thinking of a show in ny head where Jacob and Kate would find that batsuit and will take it upon themselves to finish the mission Bruce Wayne started and save Gotham. Developing a stronger relationship in each episode where Kate would fight and investigate clues of the new criminal underworld created in the wake of Batman disappearance while Jacob provides intelligence, training, and gives Kate advice that inform what kind of person she wants to become as Batwoman.

Along the way we get storylines and characters that hint at a greater Gotham story with Luke’s Fox Batwing, Alice rise to become the leader of the underworld and how Jacob and his wife are secretly building the crows, which of course leads to the colony.

1 Like

So did I, very funny.

That idea would be a bit better if they were trying to find Bruce

3 Likes

There’s departing and staying faithful, then there’s the total bastardization of the source material we ended up with. That ending being the absolute final nail in the coffin for me.

3 Likes

Nice!!! Most people liked that & Krypton. Which is weird that they both got canceled. A lot of people didn’t even know about Krypton until it was on here. When they used to have shows on here. It’s kind of the show advertiser’s fault. I’ve said this a ton b4 on here. But, I only knew about it b/c they ran nonstop adds during the Winter Olympics, b4 season 1. I told everyone I knew about it. Pre-DCUI. They all waited, then watched it ,& loved it, right b4 they announced its cancellation. Then they were all mad. I was like, well, if u would’ve watched it when I told u about it? Maybe it doesn’t get canceled? I just assumed people would see it during The Winter Olympics cuz it ran nonstop? But, I guess I didn’t realize not everyone loves the Olympics like me. Needed a Super Bowl spot. It’d still be going if it got one of those…

2 Likes

Krypton was so much better than I thought it would be. I was so impressed by its set design and for some of the choices they made. Colin Salmon as Zod ended up being one of my favorite versions of the character. Also…how good was Brainiac?

I was disappointed when it got cancelled. But that’s Syfy for you.

3 Likes

Oh it was so good!!! I was so mad when it got canceled. Victim of the times. They didn’t advertise right, &, if it was now. Hulu or Prime or somebody would’ve picked it up I’m sure of it…imho…lol.

2 Likes

I don’t watch the Olympics either, I knew about it from FB.

2 Likes

Opposite ends of the spectrum lol. I wouldn’t have known if it was only on Facebook & u wouldn’t have known if it wasn’t lol. I guess they’ll find a way. All my friends love it cuz they get to give me news everyone but me knows. Everyone else they text is like yeah I saw that on FB. I’m only one like what? I didn’t hear that? lol.

2 Likes

Might have been advertised on Twitter as well

2 Likes

I enjoyed all the CW DC shows (with Naomi being the one exception), some more than others, but good times for me nonetheless. I was a bit sad to lose Arrow, probably my favorite following Superman & Lois. Didn’t like losing Supergirl either, but the stories on that show were getting a little tired at the end. I would have been ok with Legends ending had it not been on a cliffhanger.

If they’re going to revisit any of these shows, what I would like to see is one show. One massive mini-series (or series) undertaking that brings everyone together. Use that Hall of Justice, resolve loose ends, give them a big undertaking… Brainiac, Darkseid, the Legion of Doom or some ■■■■. Spend a bit more money on it & make it an epic send-off for this shared on screen DC universe you created. Then let it sail off into the sunset if you want.

Wishful thinking of course.

5 Likes