Can someone tell me how inappropriate Doom Patrol is?

Let me finish titans first, then I’ll decide

Spoiler!

The direction of Doom Patrol is solid. Episode one of DP is already stronger than any one episode of Titans in my opinion.

Just a gentle reminder to all that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and the freedom to express those opinions; however, please make sure you are expressing your opinions is a respectful manner toward all of your fellow users, regardless if you agree with them or not.

1 Like

@Meekeey - I’d also love to hear your thoughts on both Titans and Doom Patrol! I love hearing everyone’s different views about the shows, especially because sometimes I realize I totally missed something and someone else helps me see it!

3 Likes

I wonder if this App will be able to survive a bad show? I say no, they all have to be good or no more DC App. That is why when you have a good show and a community to respond, people need to respond in a cordial matter to let you mods/employees/management know with a lively hood there, when you’ve got something good.

1 Like

Demographically, this thread shows how wide an audience television based on DC Comics really has, and that’s a good thing. (I read the thread this time.)

2 Likes

I would be interested to know how many subscriptions they have.

Management keeps a tight lid on that. I doubt the mods even know.

@KittyKrawler

If I may ask an important question. How is DC or WB able to host a show with such foul language and nudity, while we cannot even see the real version of Justice League because it was deemed too scary. There is an unexplained disconnect here that many… need to know. If you’re unable to answer this, will you please forward me to someone who can explain this to me. Thank you for your time and attention.

2 Likes

So far I’m liking titans, and jy, that’s a good point

2 Likes

We appreciate you @TX85.

Yeah @TX85. You’re appreciated.

@TX85

Don’t lose any sleep over strangers having a difference of opinion with you on here.

1 Like

None of the sex, nudity, or F Bombs added any value to this pilot. It was 100% gratuitous. The story would have been as good if not better without any of it. The only way these people could have gotten anyone to buy this script was to incorporate it in a known entity…i.e. a comicbook show or some other medium that already had a built in audience. This same script with a title of some unknown entity would not have made it to any screen. It’s lazy writing.

3 Likes

@TX85

I appreciate your opinion on here and I happen to think you are right. The new DC Exclusive “Doom Patrol,” is fantastic!

@Pretty.Poison.Bombshell: will you please respond and/or direct me to who I can speak with about my prior post. Thank you for your time.

@rtryals I’m not sure how sex when portraying an affair can be gratuitous; it is literally the story they were telling. Maybe you don’t want to see nudity in your entertainment, but affairs involve sex and sex involves nudity.

People use profanity. They do it everyday in all kinds of environments, especially in high risk/danger environments. The latter is an observed scientific phenomenon, whereby profanity reduces pain perception allowing people to endure adversity.

So, we get it, you don’t like it. But these things are not gratuitous. They are literally what humans do, and despite the fact that Doom Patrol is about fantastical things, it is still very much a story about humans.

3 Likes

what does the ‘weak p___’ stand for … is it pals, or priorities, maybe philosophy, or exactly what it looks like

it’s not a ‘difference of opinion’ to denigrate and belittle other people for their choices

got issues, fine, we all do, air them out to someone who can help

1 Like

You know exactly what it stand for

Tx85, I’m sure your a nice person, but you being a bit mean yesterday, that’s all :slight_smile: