Brendan Fraser To Play Firefly In Upcoming Batgirl Movie

11 Likes

:eyes: :astonished: Ahhh, Firefly.

I heard something about this earlier today, but only got the vague statement, “Brendan Fraser is going to appear in the Batgirl film”.

My heart screamed, Doom Patrol crossover! :nerd_face: Nonetheless, still jazzed that he is gonna be involved. :+1:t3:

#abovethefold89 #news-articles

7 Likes

I know that much of the fandom seems to think Fraser will play Firefly, but I’m thinkin’ a little more along this line

EDIT: I’m still hoping this will be the case. #GiveUsMoth

8 Likes

I also figured Killer Moth would be the villain in the film . . . perhaps still is? :thinking:

Firefly could be the main accomplice, or even the “Bob” if you will.

8 Likes

I could def see a team up here. :+1:

Also-

Mid Credits scene:

open on Jurnee Smollett as Black Canary and Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Huntress watching BG from the shadows as she swings away over the city towards her next adventure

Black Canary: She’s good. Tough, focused, and smart.

Huntress: I don’t know- she’s Gordon’s daughter so she might not go for bending the rules with the perps.

Black Canary: Look, she’s a solid candidate who’s perfect to fill the spot in our group ever since Rene left. We need to give her a chance at least.

Huntress: Hmm. We’ll see.

And scene! :smiley: :+1: :00_batgirl1: :00_black_canary: :00_huntress1: :00_birds_of_prey:

8 Likes

:star_struck: :grinning: :white_heart:

x1780

7 Likes

Batgirl vs Rick O’Connell.

8 Likes

:laughing: :00_batgirl1:

5 Likes

WB, hire this woman! :raised_hands:

7 Likes

Thx Mighty @Mae! :purple_heart: :hugs:

6 Likes

:purple_heart: :hugs:

4 Likes

But that’s coming straight from these reports, not speculation. I suppose Killer Moth could still be in the movie, but right now everything’s still pointing to Fraser being Firefly

5 Likes

There hadn’t been any official confirmation of Brendan’s actual role in the film yesterday or earlier this AM that I had seen, save all the supposition from a number of second-tier movie news sites and in the chats, so I was still thinking that Killer Moth was part of the conversation. IMDB listed Garfield Lynns as Fraser’s role today, so I guess it’s now confirmed.

5 Likes

Plus I was seeing Firefly mentioned on The Hollywood Reporter’s article, and that’s definitely a more than reliable enough source to confirm the casting. But I still think Drury could be part of the conversation w/ the movie in general given his history w/ Babs and possibly adding another winged Bat rogue, but he’d just have to be played by someone else

3 Likes

So glad this king is finally getting the respect and love he deserves. I can’t wait.

5 Likes

Big same :pray:

5 Likes

He’s origin story main source material, so yes Drury is crucial in my gurrrlll’s history. Not understanding why Firefly is being cast instead, and this is giving me some reservation regarding the film’s script. Obviously I’m thrilled that Fraser’s in the film, but with this character news I’m now kinda’ in a tentative place and hoping for good things.

4 Likes

Maybe WB was a bit too wary about having Killer Moth as the main villain? I feel like he still has a rep as 1 of the lamer Batman/DC villains, so that might’ve factored into the decision

4 Likes

Hollywood is a place where movie magic is the name of the game and with discipline, focus, and a little luck, any and all characters created have the power to be engaging and memorable. And WB is no stranger to rehabbing once all but forgotten characters. There was a time when The B’Man himself was teetering on the brink of irrelevance among the comics fandom, but in 1987-88 DC stepped in with some fantastic and imaginative writing (The Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Year One) and WB cast an ulikely actor to don the mantle of the Bat up on the big screen in 1989 and viola: a legend was reborn for an all new audience. Also not at all very long ago Capt America, Thor, and Iron Man were considered third tier entities within their universe, but discipline, focus, and luck wiped the tarnish off of those properties and turned them into thriving points of profit for their ownership. I believe that there’s hope for Drury Walker on the big screen, and with a little luck, we’ll get to see him up there. :+1: :00_batgirl1: :movie_camera: :film_strip:

4 Likes

#GiveUsMoth

@TheCosmicMoth

5 Likes