Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford are exiting as series regulars in Legends

I don’t know if you all heard, but Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford are no longer going to be series regular for season 5 of Legends of Tomorrow. I was sad to hear the news since he was one of the original legends. I’m going to miss seeing Ray Palmer on Legends, but I am glad to see that they are wrapping up Ray and Nora’s story. :cry:

article link: https://deadline.com/2019/08/brandon-routh-courtney-ford-exit-dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-series-regulars-season-5-the-cw-1202702311/

4 Likes

I’m really going to miss them both, but especially Courtney Ford! I was looking forward to her having a greater presence. She can make me laugh with just her eyes.

1 Like

Love Nora Darhk and Courtney’s take on her. She’s able to carry the dark, funny and romantic beats of the character. The last couple of episodes of this season, with her in a puffy blue dress, are magic. But, a strength of the show is it’s ability to integrate new characters and say goodbye to old. Routh has done a great job, but Ray has become a little too jokey, so maybe time to move on.

4 Likes

Hoping Brandon moves over here to the DCU as Superman!

Maybe Brandon’s got a new starring DC gig on the way…

One can hope.

Brandon Routh on Instagram is expressing some interesting discontent. #SaveRayAndNora

Oh he’s no expressing that hashtag, I am :open_mouth:

Maybe this is the open needed to introduce Ryan Choi?

2 Likes

Fairy Godmother Nora

3 Likes

Awwww … I like them.

/sadface

@everyone else I hope Brandon is working on another CW series. It’ll be awesome if it was a Superman series. Based on their Instagram post, Brandon and Courtney didn’t want to leave the show. Sara and Mick are the only original legends left :confused:

@ColdSmokeMike This would be the perfect opportunity to introduce Ryan Choi. Nora (from the Flash) did mention him when she gave the Flash ring to Barry.

1 Like

Just looking at IMDB, I had no idea they were married! That’s adorable and explains why they would want to leave at the same time.

3 Likes

I’m sad to see them go. They’re always a consistent joy to watch both separately and together.

Guess this means we’re stuck with more screen time for Mona :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m sad to see them go. They’re always a consistent joy to watch both separately and together.

Guess this means we’re stuck with more screen time for Mona :roll_eyes:

@superby1 yeah, I wasn’t a fan of Mona. She was annoying.

1 Like

So Arrow is ending, I’d move Laurel Lance over so the sisters not sisters could work together. But, DC has a super deep character roster, dig deep pull up a gem.
Black Alice
Spoiler
Crimson Fox
Fire/Ice
Sandman

2 Likes

@Msgtv, if Fire and Ice showed up on Legends, they would have at least one new viewer. I would prefer a DCU “buddy cop/fishes out of water working for Checkmate” angle, but I’ll take them however I can get them at this point.

As for the cast members exiting, i imagine they are both ready to move forward in their careers and CW doesnt seem to give actors much for there “highlight reels”. Just an opinion

2 Likes

Dang! This is a bummer. Ray Palmer is my favorite character on Legends. I don’t know if I even want to keep watching if he leaves. Very unhappy puppy over here!

1 Like

@ColdSmokeMike, I like the idea of Ryan Choi appearing on Legends. We haven’t had a main or recurring Asian hero yet on any of the CW shows, which is odd considering there mandate to be as inclusive as possible.

2 Likes

Well this kind of a bummer as they are great on screen separate or together.

3 Likes