Birds of Prey

That’s the one. Do you have his cape?

I display mine with the post-Darkseid War head as well. I’ve enough bald Luthors to make up for it. :slight_smile:

I bet Bombshells Cheetah doesn’t want Lex standing on her. That kitty’s gonna get :notes: piiiiised :notes: at Lex. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yay!!! No. I didn’t get the cape or motherbox. I have a motherbox with my Mr. Miracle so I stopped at just as u see him. I probably will finish him tho because my OCD can’t take an unfinished product.

3 Likes

Is it…this one?

DC Collectibles made a Mother Box prop, too. I’m not usually a prop guy, but being a big Fourth World fan, I made an exception for it.

3 Likes

Yep.

3 Likes

He’s pretty schway. One of my favorites from Icons.

2 Likes

It’s one of my earliest buys. It was one of those looking around…spotted it; straight to the cart & check out.

2 Likes

I want a Darkseid @Vroom but the only one I want comes with Grail & is $100 +

2 Likes

I nabbed him on a whim from the comic store I was a regular at at the time. They even gave me a discount on him.

The few bucks I saved on MM went right back into the store. No money saved for me on that particular New Comics Day. :joy:

2 Likes

Nice that’s a bonus …oops read that wrong lol. You broke even with a figure tho…?

2 Likes

You could go for this beast:

Best. New 52 Darkseid figure. Ever.

I’m in the mood for a Grail figure, but I wasn’t in the mood for another oversized Darkseid (as in the one Grail came with). If McFarlane does a Grail, I’d nab her.

3 Likes

I saved $5 on him. However, I bought him in 2016 as Rebirth was in the midst of its debut, so that $5 just went towards another title that I ended up putting on my pull list.

I was out $5, but my comic store’s manager thanked me all the same. Nice guy. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Never saw that one ty. I love that Grail one tho & I want both? Hopefully McFarlane does one as u said. I’m finding that his figures might be the best line next to DCU classics, & Icons?

2 Likes

That’s a win

2 Likes

I mean…

Tough to beat?

4 Likes

My POV: At 18 and a half months in, McFarlane’s DC output is already further along in franchise and media representation than Kenner, Mattel and Spin Master were at their 18 month marks.

With Kenner, that point was in 1991, when Burton’s Batman was their focus, while Batman Returns and BTAS were on the horizon. It was all-Batman, all the time at that time. They didn’t begin to make non-Batman product until the Superman: Man of Steel line, which debuted in late Summer 1995. From 1990 until that point in 1995, they literally didn’t make anything but Batman-related product.

With Mattel, their 18 month point was in 2004 when they were producing product for Justice League Unlimited and Batman. Their license at that time was only for the JL TV series, anything Batman (including the then-upcoming The Batman TV series) and anything Superman, as they didn’t get the full DC license until 2007.

On the Spin Master side, we so far have their Batman and Heroes Unite lines, both of which are a mix of product derived from the comics, as well as Spin Master’s own designs. They haven’t yet made product for entertainment outside of the comics, however my guess is that these lines will end this year, as next year and beyond will likely see a focus on The Batman, as well as My Adventures with Superman and Batman: Caped Crusader for TV.

Meanwhile, McFarlane at this point has produced figures for:

• comics (across different eras)
  • movies
  • TV (live-action and animated)
  • video games
  • McFarlane-designed iterations of characters

Included franchises so far (including those at retail, just hitting retail and those coming soon) are: the Arrowverse, Batman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Justice League, Suicide Squad, Superman, the Teen Titans TV series and Wonder Woman. Todd also doesn’t have the licensing restrictions that Mattel had to agree to from 2003 until 2007.

SO…with all of that in mind, I’d say that Todd’s on track to outpace other notable lines from the past. If he keeps up the product output and expands into even more franchises, then he could eventually rank with the Best of the Best (Super Powers, Kenner, DC Direct/Collectibles, DCUC) of DC toys and collectibles.

3 Likes

Agreed. Nice breakdown. The Batman thing is the reason I have like 40 Batman figures. Every box set I bought came with a Batman. There’s like 4 of the DC attack pack type themed ones I want. But they all come with a Superman or a Batman. I’m always like, if that was any other figure, it’d be perfect. Oh, & Flash is the other one. It’s always those 3 that are included & so I have way too many of all of them.

2 Likes

Those Superman and Batman figures are why we get the lesser-known characters. :slight_smile:

Some people give crap to McFarlane for so much Batman product in his Multiverse line at this point, but remember:

• Batman sells and sells very well. We all want lesser-known characters (including Oracle, Black Canary, White Canary and other BOP characters; yay for being on-topic! :partying_face: :champagne:), but as nice as a new Zauriel or the first-ever Onomatopoeia would be, they will never put cheddar on the table the way practically any Batman-related figure generally will. Batman is good for business, and to paraphrase Gordon Gecko, “Business is good.”

• Warner Brothers Consumer Products. They may have instructed McFarlane to keep a focus on Batman so as to get a new licensee off on the right foot, in terms of moving product and making money for them. Sure, we all want the icons of the DCU right away, but WBCP knows what will allow them to make their bottom line quickly and efficiently, and it isn’t Fourth World characters, as awesome as they are and as well as they sell in their own right.

So, Batman is necessary. If nothing else, you can just pretend your duplicates of him, Superman and The Flash are evil versions from the Dark Multiverse in some way. Take a pen and draw a goatee on your Flash you don’t otherwise want. Then he’ll be evil, like Spock from the Mirror Universe. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Haha. I was happy with the attack pack Superman because he has red laser eyes. Only one I’ve seen that has the laser vision eyes.

3 Likes

That sounds so familiar, but I’m drawing a momentary blank. Do you have a picture of him?

There’s a few from other companies that have heat vision displayed in various ways. With some, its just a dab of red paint to indicate his vision powering up, while others have clip on heat vision effects and/or heat vision that fires from Superman’s head.

2 Likes

Not opened yet so no individual pics. I could take a close up?

3 Likes