Birds of Prey

Hang on. I’ll try to get it to show

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I know that one. “Attack Pack” can apply to many sets, but once you bring Infinite Heroes into it, then I know what you’re talking about. :slight_smile:

I need the Prelude to Doomsday set. Its been a tricky one to find.

2 Likes

There we go…

2 Likes

It’s near impossible or is it nearly impossible?

3 Likes

I see PTD on eBay every so often, but usually from sellers who are seemingly clueless on what the set should sell for.

I’m patient though. I got the OMAC Attack set last year after keeping my four eyes out for it since it came out, so I’ll nab PTD at a good price with enough patience.

Fun Fact: The Bloodwynd figure in the PTD set is the only figure of him so far. Grant Morrison doesn’t mind, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

I actually know that fun fact. I couldn’t believe when I saw him in there. I almost nabbed that too…

3 Likes

Do you know why Grant Morrison can sleep the sleep of the just in a world with only one Bloodwynd figure?

2 Likes

I must admit I do not?

3 Likes

He doesn’t like the character.

I remember reading several years ago that in Morrison’s coming into the Justice League franchise to begin writing JLA, one of the main attractions of writing the series was to restore the Justice League to prominence by having Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman and the other A-listers on it.

Morrison felt a character like Bloodwynd wasn’t worthy of the League. His words were to the effect of “His name invokes blood-tinged flatulence. Why should someone with a name like that be on the Justice League?”.

I see his point, but I still like Bloodwynd. His character design is nifty. Completely '90s, but nifty all the same.

2 Likes

Yeah I’d never make that connection because of the spelling. But now that u exposed it I see it.

4 Likes

Leave it to Grant Morrison to make something you never thought about be something you can’t not think about. :joy:

3 Likes

Haha :laughing: right?

3 Likes

Wait. So it’s pronounced like “a breeze” not “a path between homes”?! I’d think Grant Morrison would be the person to explicitly correct such a thing and make the 90s silliness have more heft, meaning, and backstory (like the blood stone was passed from home to home between generations or some such…?).

4 Likes

I always pronounced it like the last word of “Gone With The Wind”.

You know, a superhero whose codename begins with a bodily fluid is going to have issues with how people see them in any event. Let’s just be honest.

Villains (like Bloodsport) won’t give a ****, but heroes, well, they care.

4 Likes

Are you implying that citizens don’t look up to Flemgem the same way they do Superman?

4 Likes

Always looking for more Steph, and holy cats, this thread blew up my email today :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I went into the Batwoman episode with low expectations, as I’d not watched any of the show, and didn’t like most of the other CW shows I tried, but I thought Steph was great (red hair aside), and the writer CLEARLY loved Batman Eternal, which endeared her and the episode to me a lot!

Well, as my profile picture I hope shows, I’m SUPER into her time as Robin. :slight_smile:

Interesting. I do prefer her Robin and Batgirl costumes to most of her Spoiler costumes, but I think she’s gorgeous in all three (or four, if you count her n52 Spoiler costume as different, which is fair, as it has a lot of new design elements).

Steph as Robin does have a great little Heroclix, but that’s it. Here’s mine!

I am really curious about what you liked about Steph as Robin better than Steph as Batgirl - I like both equally, but think her storyline as Batgirl was, obviously, more substantial. (I think that Batgirl figure, apart from being 80-200 dollars wherever I look for it, is a bit frustrating because it has her leaning on one hip, which makes it less fun for posing).

I bought two of her Spoilers! One from ebay to make sure I got it (at about 15 bucks extra), and then one at Walmart when I found a clump of them, clearly just shelved that day. I sometimes wish I had three, but…what do I really need three for? :slight_smile: I would never say no to a nice Imaginext Spoiler, Robin, or Batgirl, though!

4 Likes

Oh I’m in for anything Steph. She’s fine in any outfit. That was just my observation…

4 Likes

Hey @BirdsofPrey! :birds_of_prey_club_oracle:
Come by to cast your vote and show your support for some characters and creators, when you get a chance:

And icymi: THIS!! :star_struck:

9 Likes

Ty Razzz!!! I’ll check it out right now.

3 Likes