Birds of Prey

She’s not just a parent who chooses to become a superhero, she’s the in-between generation with no super powers in doing so. And Ramsey convinces her to adopt Thor. I think my favorite moment was when her ex learns that Thor is a robot. Also adore Dylan and Damon as her “sidekicks” and really want them to return to modern continuity. (I would read the hell out of a Dylan Battles and Henry Fyff buddy series.)

7 Likes

Wow! Thank you, @DC89, @keath, @Mae, @CassTheStreet, and @millernumber1, for all chiming in! I guess this character is more well-known than I realized? :grin:

I’m a good ways into her main series now (started with the Wonder Woman issues but then went back to the beginning). I love how real she is. Just a relatable human who also does amazing things. Also I like all the supporting cast.

I will wait till we get to her BoP issues in book club to read those. And Event Leviathan was one of the first things I read when I started exploring wider the DC world so she was just one of many people I didn’t know at the time and apparently don’t remember. I’ll have to go back and look again at that series now.

Thank you guys for feeding my addiction sharing your knowledge! :sweat_smile: :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

I meant to say yesterday, thank you for taking the trouble to link all these stories, @keath! That was super helpful. I’m getting some of these prepped to read now. :blush:

7 Likes

You are quite welcome. (You’re not going to beat Mark Andreyko for writing Kate, but the rest are much fun. And you’re already hooked on Gail Simone for BoP. :smiley: )

7 Likes

I was afraid of this (I just went back over Event Leviathan and didn’t much care for how she was written there). But I’ll still check all these out! :+1:

7 Likes

Huge @BirdsofPrey alert!!! :boom:

11 Likes

Very cool! :+1: :00_black_canary: :00_birds_of_prey:

10 Likes

I liked her in BOP. I’m definitely down to see more of her. Movie sounds good, I hope it’s rated ‘R’ with a good story. Or just a good story

7 Likes

Cool beans!

ponders if the flick will get toys/merch

It should. I wants me a DCEU Black Canary figure.

7 Likes

YAY!!! That’s a serious not sarcastic yay!! Ty for the news @Mae & what great news it is. She was awesome in BOP!! Appreciate the heads up….

3 Likes

I’m :100: READY. :00_black_canary: :heart:

7 Likes

Exactly!!!

4 Likes

Just thought I’d share this with you guys – Batgirl by famed European writer/artist Enrico Marini. Love to see him do a story with her, maybe involve her in the next installment of The Dark Prince Charming (which is SO GOOD, BTW, if anyone else hasn’t read it).

7 Likes

@BirdsofPrey Our new reading activity is up! :00_black_canary: :0_black_canary: :black_heart: We’ve got Canary, Wonder Woman, polar bears, Batman—join us! :books:

We’ve also got our club crossover WALs w/ :00_teen_titans: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: Titans Together on Thursdays:

And here’s this, since it came up in our a June book discussion… :green_heart:

7 Likes

Some Gotham Knights News for anyone who might be interested :newspaper_roll: :video_game: :purple_heart:

And September 7th= HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HUNTRESS! :00_huntress1::birthday: :tada: :virgo:

#CrossbowKiller

5 Likes

:star_struck: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: BG BG BG! :00_batgirl: :0_batgirl: :00_batgirl1:

3 Likes

Right on!!!

Update lol.

5 Likes

Happy B-Day Helena! :00_huntress1: :00_huntress2: :00_birds_of_prey:

4 Likes

:tada: :00_huntress1: :birthday:

I’ll drop this one here too…

4 Likes

Hello Helena indeed!!! I should read some Huntress tonight…

3 Likes