Birds of Prey (2023) | Book Discussion | Spoilers Ahead!

Oh well, that’s just because Magneto was right. Everything that’s happened to the X-Men over the past few decades has only proved it.

Ikr?

2 Likes

Good to know I’m not the only one. I tried to get my daughter to watch it. Older Gen Z kid was not to fond of Prof X either compared to Magento.

2 Likes

:laughing: Good! Maybe Gen Z will be the generation to save the planet, after all!

2 Likes

Once all the problem people finally pass away, maybe they’ll have a shot at it with the latest Alpha gang. Millennial parents are breaking ground with the babies. IMO I see it with my younger sister and her kids. I didn’t think my parents ever talked to me about my feelings growing up. lol Growing up we were kicked out of the house and all we were told is… stop Effing crying like a baby

2 Likes

By the generation who had the healthiest, most forgiving economy and the voting numbers to control the electorate and protect their own interests for decades (and still). But, we’ve strayed pretty far from BoP at this point… :joy:

2 Likes

Alas mon frere, I absolutely AGREE with you on literally every point you mentioned, as WildC.A.T.S v1 does indeed have a seismic amount of comic book history weight upon its shoulders.

…and if you were referring to your “bad habits of '90s X-Men” and the like comment being the point we would disagree on, then yeah, we would. I loves me some early '90s X-Men and then some.

Still, I agree with all of the points you made about WildC.A.T.S v1 being a historically important series, so we’ll call it a draw and enjoy a lunch on Jacob Marlowe’s AmEx.

As Roddy McDowall once said, “Curious and curiouser.”

Noodles about for a moment or two.

Found it! :point_right:t2: “Check it out!” :point_left:t2:

I loved the Fox Kids X-Men series as a kid and still adore it to this day as an early-40s kid-at-heart.

It was my introduction to Jim Lee’s X-Men and, in many ways, several other facets of the X-Universe.

Right?

:notes: “One and only WildC.A.T.S!” :notes:

I recently re-watched X2 and to be perfectly honest…Magneto was right…there. I honestly couldn’t find much to disagree with, whenever Erik was on-screen.

Let’s chat-up Zealot some more! :grin:

As Lloyd said in Dumb and Dumber, “I like it a lot!”

The show was my introduction to the WildC.A.T.S property and remains a favorite to this day.

Fun Fact: Playmates Toys (known simply as “Playmates” in the '90s) made toys for WildC.A.T.S and Skeleton Warriors, both of which aired on CBS.

Neither show was on-air for very long and the same can be said for the retail performance of their toy lines too, unfortunately.

For the 2022-2023 series there is (link above), but as for WildC.A.T.S in-general, I don’t believe so.

You’re welcome to start one, if you like.

3 Likes

I have I started from WildCats.

Such an interesting story so far and Zealot is my favorite.

4 Likes

Neat! Which volume? The '92 original, or a newer series?

Paging @Chain_Twix: We might have another member for Club Zealot.

4 Likes

‘92 original.

4 Likes

Nothing like the classic model. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’m working through them, I want all of Zealot I can get.

4 Likes

@Chain_Twix We most definitely have another member for Club Zealot. :grin:

Sits back and strokes his chin in thought as to the type(s) of music that would play in Club Zealot.

Its a given that the WildC.A.T.S TV show theme would play there (along with a techno remix, maybe?), but what else is worthy of Zealot, music-wise?

4 Likes

Anything hardcore for Lady Zannah!

3 Likes

I think Zannah would approve of some nifty trance tunes.

4 Likes

Daft Punk?

4 Likes

:notes: “One more time!” :notes:

EDIT: @Chain_Twix, @RG02 and all other interested parties, :point_right:t2: HERE :point_left:t2: is a new spot to indulge our love of Zealot and all things pertaining to her outside of her Birds of Prey adventures.

4 Likes

ooooo cool! I started with the latest one that’s out right now. what do you think of the 90s run so far?

she deserves all the love and support.

thank you @vroom

5 Likes

Back to BOP 6…

The reason for no BG on this mission is finally revealed and it’s not a good one. New BOP team coming up.

6 Likes

I’m liking it so far.

6 Likes

BOP 7 is out this week at your LCS. The next team being formed with the lovely Vixen, and Big Barda is sticking around, which I love :heart: no news yet on Z.

8 Likes