Birds of Prey (2023) | Book Discussion | Spoilers Ahead!

I know I watched it, but I honestly can’t remember too much about it (at least, not like I can remember the X-Men cartoon from the same era) which… might tell you something. The theme song was an absolute banger, though:

The WildC.A.T.s comic of the 90’s is historically important to comic books. It was one of the first titles published through the Image imprint which also produced other creator-owned comics like Spawn, Youngblood, Savage Dragon, and The Maxx (my personal favorite that had a GREAT cartoon on MTV). The creator-owned revolution of Image was very important to comics and the development of the medium. That said… again, not really as impressed with the 90’s run as I was when I was a kid. Jim Lee’s art is gorgeous, as always. However, the stories contain all the bad habits of X-Men comics from the 90’s without the decades worth of strong backstory to back it up. This is something that @Vroom and I probably disagree on, though.

I definitely remember there being a thread for the latest series, but I can’t find it for some reason. Vroom also created one for the 30th anniversary:

2 Likes