BigBlock - Red Hood - Work In Progress

Yeah I agree.
I’ve tried a ton, but procreate is my jam

6 Likes

It’s hard to beat! I had a bit of a learning curve with Painter for that exact reason. Procreate just has so many features for an iPad app. And I love the versatility and mobility of it being on an iPad. Do you make your own brushes?

5 Likes

I’ve made a few, but I mainly just use what’s on there

4 Likes

Got it. Judging by this piece, I thought you probably had a whole arsenal of secret brushes! There’s a nice variety and I like the way you’ve spaced it out across the entire canvas. It’s a really pleasant flow.

4 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I truly appreciate it.
I’ve only gotten into digital art a couple years ago when my wife surprised me with an iPad for My Bday. Before that, I was always a pencil and paper kind of guy.
But drawing on the iPad is so much fun

3 Likes

Ha! What are the odds?! I got my iPad/Procreate for Christmas as a gift too. And we actually might have entered into the digital world the same year! I’ve only upgraded to Painter for another gift this year. Working with a Wacom and a PC is a whole new ballgame but it’s been super rewarding.

If you’re interested at all in messing with the brushes, this video is a simple, easy to follow guide. It really allows you to put your own “stamp” on your art. :grinning:

Expanding on that, here’s how to create a custom brush.

P. S. You are most welcome! Thank you for sharing with us in the DCU!

3 Likes

Awesome thanks :sunglasses::ok_hand:t3:

3 Likes

As usual, you have produced a wonderful piece of art @bigblock66! I like how you put the light source in the picture and it lights up his jacket and glints off his .45s. Just so good!

5 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:thank you so much @TravisMorgan

5 Likes

This is so cool. Thanks for the links. :+1::sunglasses:

Just for fun, I did a poll of my recent junk. :rofl:

5 Likes

This is really good! Always like seeing the art people post on here (especially when it’s one of my favorite characters lol).

The details are great, I like how the floor kinda of has a shine like a marble floor would and the lighting stood out to me too.

Keep posting for us to enjoy!

6 Likes

:hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: thank you @SpoilerAlert88

5 Likes

Checked it out, got the T-shirt - fantastic work! Thank you for the link, @bigblock66!

4 Likes

very nice i wasnt here when it was made :sob:

4 Likes

No problem my friend… All that matters is you are here now, and apart of our Family :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sunglasses:

And thank you so much for your kind words

5 Likes

no problem

5 Likes

If somebody say that you have no talent, then they’re a idiot and need to take a good look at your amazing art of Red Hood! Awesome job @bigblock66! :smiley:

5 Likes

Awe. You’re way too kind my brother :heart:

5 Likes