BigBlock - Red Hood - Work In Progress

Alright gang…… so here is where I’m at with my Red Hood doodle.

I call this one “Where’s My 5 Bucks Bruce?”

I was going for a scene where Red Hood broke into Wayne Manor to have a “Heart to Heart Discussion” with Bruce.

I can’t figure out if it looks like crap, or junk.

Any comments or critiques would be appreciated
Hopefully I did him some sort of justice for @TheWifeOfJasonTodd ??

12 Likes

7 Likes

That bad huh?

7 Likes

That awesome! You’re way too hard on yourself!

8 Likes

Awe. Thanks brother :hugs:

7 Likes

Fingers crossed that @TheWifeOfJasonTodd approves
:smirk:

8 Likes

I like all your art, and this is no exception. I’m always amazed and impressed!

8 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Thank u very much @Green.Lantern

7 Likes

Looks amazing! Only thing I would do to improve it is to give the pistols ejection ports and the little engraving grip things on the back of the slides

Of course I’m like the only person on here who would notice so it’s totally optional.

8 Likes

Dangit. Totally forgot that. Appreciate the feedback.
I was going for my Kimber Raptor 45, but I guess i got sidetracked and completely forgot :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage:

7 Likes

It’s all right, most comic artists i’ve seen don’t even try to make their guns look like real guns, your effort is greatly appreciated.

7 Likes

Something in the back of my brain kept telling me it looked like crap. :rofl:

7 Likes

This… is… AMAZING!!!

You did such a great job my dude! I love love love the background as well, reminds me of the Renaissance a bit (which I’m also a big fan of).

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go stand in front of my fan, because it’s :fire: in here!!! Woo!

8 Likes

Awe. Well I’m super stoked you like it​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

This is so cool.

7 Likes

Thank you @mercurie80 :blush:

7 Likes

This is awesome™:+1:. Like the red hoodie with brown jacket combo.

7 Likes

”Can’t tell if it looks like crap or junk”?! Are you kidding, @bigblock66? I didn’t even know you “art”! This looks fantastic!

I love the moody vibe and color choice - it’s very Hogwarts meets Wayne Manor. That shine on the gun is brilliant. Showing your process is fun for us to be a part of as well. It’s highly technical and well thought out. What program are you using?

:pushpin: One thing that I noticed is that the textures on the Red Hood’s hood, pants, and jacket seem to blend into the background (which is also textured). It may be an opportunity to differentiate those individual materials.

I look forward to seeing the finished product!

5 Likes

Thanks @NYJt3 and @KeyFamily

I just draw on my iPad and use Procreate

6 Likes

Procreate is the best! I use that and Corel Painter 2022 for PC.

6 Likes