BigBlock - Poison Ivy - WIP

Ugh. I just can’t seem to get Poison Ivy right.
:unamused:
I’m just gonna have to move on to something else.

17 Likes

I really like this one! It does a great job of capturing Ivy’s personality, and I love the details on the plants, especially the contrast between the colorful flower and the more realistic background.

9 Likes

Very well done :+1:t2:

8 Likes

I think you did a really good job!

7 Likes

Fantastic work! I especially love the angle of her head tilted upwards — it tends to be a really difficult angle to tackle as an artist and you NAILED it. I’m constantly impressed by all your poses!

9 Likes

She looks amazing!

9 Likes

This is phenomenal!!! Definitely in my top 10!

8 Likes

Another great pic! I think you are your harshest critic. I’m the same way when I read things I wrote. It’s just human nature I guess.

8 Likes

I really appreciate it Fam. :hugs:
I just suck at drawing faces, especially female faces. But I’m trying really hard to get better at it.
I was trying to give her a little smile/smirk, like she was intrigued with her new flower friend, but i dont like the way it turned out.
:face_with_monocle:

8 Likes

:flushed: add the intro music of Poison Ivy…

That art is so fantastic! Great job @bigblock66! What was it you didn’t like? Please don’t be to hard on yourself, it’s really great.:grinning:

:00_poison_ivy:

8 Likes

Haha. Thanks brother :hugs:

8 Likes

Looks really good! Probably one of my favorite ones you’ve made. It gives me Arkham Poison Ivy vibes :+1:

9 Likes

Awe thanks a million
I’m currently sketching out a Supergirl, a Godspeed, and thinking about a Mera (or possibly Dolphin), and a few others. I’m sick of being scared of all my weaknesses in drawing. So I’m trying to just go head first into it and see if I can get better

8 Likes

YES.

You’re not the only one trying to perfect the female face, so don’t feel too bad

7 Likes

Sneaking this in…please make Wonder Woman, I know you’ll do a great job making her, no matter what. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

WW has been in my head for about a year and a half, but she is truly my gauntlet of all my anxiety and fears of doing her.
I have a pose in my head for her, but I’m so terrified of screwing her up.
But I promise you…. She’s coming very soon.
I was honestly testing out the waters with Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy.

I’m trying extremely hard to get over my anxiety of messing up the DC characters that I’ve loved my entire life. :heart:

8 Likes

Wow this looks awesome™:+1:. Really like the all the nature. The treee plants flowed the colors all really great. Ivy look great like the hair.

8 Likes

It looks fantastic! That pose seems really difficult to draw and you nailed it. I really love the work you did with the plants as well. Poison Ivy would be impressed. :poison_undercoverhqtas:

7 Likes

Your detail on muscle definition is impressive. I feel like the majority of commercial comics aren’t even on that level.

8 Likes

Awe. Thank yall so very much. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

7 Likes