BigBlock - Poison Ivy - WIP

Nice! :+1:

10 Likes

Amazing work as always BigBlock :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Thank you very much :hugs:

6 Likes

Great job as always. The colors used here look great. I especially love the plant.

7 Likes

@bigblock66
It’s good bud, but from one doodler to another, do you feel it was the position/rotation of the hips and lack of typical geometry for a base of origin having to try and have her settle in the peddles and still convey weight.

Also, not a big deal for being accurate for a comic but surface area to volume ratios make a organism that relies on photosynthesis not practical for being mobile…But, with out getting too much into it…it might be cool to see a version with the a reverse on the shading you have. Area where you have white be darker green and so on. I always see ppl want to shade those areas on her and green skin characters more white as though it was blush, but if so then it should be more green.

6 Likes

Yeah I figured it wasn’t very good

6 Likes

No I’m so sorry buddy, I didn’t mean it like that. I doodle (you are objectively better than I), I’m a jeep guy, I technically know a bit about global navigation, and I’m dealing with a bunch of junk. As such I was looking over the workflow and if it was me looking back I seemed to focus on the hip placement and the origin of the flower and how the lack of a typical geometric plane like a flat surface would create a challenge for this piece. Also, I understand how it can be frustrating to see it in hindsight. I know your work. You are a good artist. You are a good person. I’m sorry if my comments seemed negative, I was just trying to relate.

5 Likes

No. That’s completely chill. I always appreciate criticism and comments. It’s the only thing that makes us better.
I’ve always wished I could have taken an art class or something so I could know how to do all the techniques and compositions and stuff.
Just always gone off the top of my head. Then always seem to hate everything I doodle.

Oh well. It’s always fun to try.

Also, I’m a HUGE Jeep guy. So from one Jeep guy to another, here’s a friendly “Jeep Wave” :raised_back_of_hand:t2:and a duck. :hatched_chick:

Here’s are my three current Jeeps.

And these are my past Jeeps

5 Likes

Well shucks, there’s your problem right there man, you got to many Jeeps! I suppose I can take the navy blue ruby on the right but I can’t do anymore than that.

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

I’m just saying I see the struggle. How can ya drive all three of em at once!
:rofl:
:wave:
I got a 97 wagon, it came with a ruby hood but it’s just an wagon wrangler. It was enough for the off roads to get to the oyster farm I use to work.

5 Likes

I remember when I was a kid, I thought jeep are so cool! I was a fan of Dasiy Duke’s jeep from Dukes of Hazzard and the animated 1984 Transformers military jeep name Howl. :smiley:
Cool Jeep collection.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Haha. Well @Aquamon , my son drives the dark blue LJ, I DRIVE THE orange JK, and my wife drives the new 4 door JL.
:metal: :sunglasses:

@Reaganfan78 absolutely my friend. Fell in love with those too. Especially Daisy dukes Jeep. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Oh man @Reaganfan78 :thinking:
I had to take a small intermission from my Wonder Woman doodle, because I secretly drew The Little Mermaid, for my wife’s 40th birthday present that i’m gonna surprise her with in a few weeks. And she has always loved the little mermaid her whole life. So i really hope she likes it.

But now that I’m back on Wonder Woman…… the anxiety jitters are creeping in worse than ever. :fearful:

And on top of that, I literally can’t decide if i want to keep her in the blue Undies, (i.e. Linda Carter style), or draw her in the little miniskirt, (i.e. Gal Gaddot style).

Ugh.

7 Likes

No problem, it’s totally understandable, if you can’t do Wonder Woman then don’t. I really apologize for bringing her up. Happy Birthday to your wife, I’m sure she’ll love your The Little Mermaid art. :smiley:

6 Likes

oh no… i’m not gonna run from my insecurities. haha.
already about 50% done with her…
I may just do a version of her in the undies, and a version with the skirt… haven’t decided yet

6 Likes

Both Agree GIF - Both Agree Yes - Discover & Share GIFs

(Also, happy birthday to your wife! :partying_face:)

6 Likes

I prefer the one piece swimsuit style for her classic suit but the skirt can work as well, it’s your design so do whatever you think works best.

6 Likes