Big Update to DC FanDome Schedule: Read On To Find Out More!

This is a little bit horse ■■■■ since I took the day off of work to see everything, and now didn’t need to, and I now won’t be able to see everything because I can’t get the new day off work, but whatever I guess.

1 Like

It’s almost as if major restructuring in every department of a company could necessitate some changes to a planned event.

2 Likes

@dave_worrell I don’t see how that would effect distributing the t.v. panels which from what I understood are pre-recorded like the movie panel stuff. To me it just seemed like they didn’t want to compete with themselves with the other 90% of the content sharing the spotlight with the biggest panels/news that would come out of fandome which is related to the movies. I could be wrong but that’s just my guess since none of the major movie panels were moved from the Aug 22 date but almost everything else shifted (relating to comics, tv, art, etc). Edit: Excluding the AAA games stuff too.

I literally bought a laptop just so I can watch DC fandom this Saturday

2 Likes

@ReallyReallyReallyDarkGray Nice :+1:
Hopefully the site works on mobile too :crossed_fingers: I’m gonna be moving around a lot tomorrow and gonna try to watch Fandome that way. :<

1 Like

It’s possible, but they’ve had this planned a while, including the schedule, and it’s a sudden change right before the day. I think last week’s fracas played into it.

2 Likes

The panels are all prerecorded, not live, so you should be able to watch the reruns that start at 9 PM Saturday or 5 AM Sunday, Eastern time and only miss any live threads here.

One thing that had bugged me about the original schedule was that the Titans panel was scheduled against the panel for The Batman, and Titans had no scheduled encores. Now it looks like everything in September is going to be On Demand, so no schedule conflicts.

2 Likes

I know! I just saw that

1 Like

I think it’s more likely that they were concerned the site would crash under the weight of the combined traffic for the “as live” panels and on demand streams, so decided to do away with the latter so that they could devote all their available bandwidth to one thing. I’m sure they’re still worried about how well it’s going to work tomorrow. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there’s a glitch or two (or twelve) during the a.m. streams.

1 Like

That makes a lot of sense. Though should have been factored in during the planning stages. x3

1 Like

That’s a very good point. I do find it kinda funny that an Internet Company like AT&T wouldn’t create an infrastructure to over-prepare for an event like this especially when they’re advertising the event to the general audience on t.v. and not just the internet.

I don’t know how bandwidth works so from a normie perceptive it seems funny I guess. But it does all seem in service of the movie stuff either way to move the majority of Fandome away from Aug 22.

I just find the 3 week apart of content a weird move like if bandwith is an issue why not have each weekend be a Fandome event covering different things. This week movies, next week T.V. and the week after Comics (with Funverse/Kidverse stuff mixed in one, the other or both).

I don’t want to make it seem like I’m complaining about Fandome since all my hype for the content is there it’s just that my hypes been split apart with the sudden change of schedule and I kinda question the handling of the event due to that. I’m looking forward to the DC content either way we get it.

1 Like

Now the second part is in September are submissions gonna be extended for Best of Cosplay Villains or they are closed?

The schedule is down. So what are they showing today and Sunday? Or I should how much are they showing out of that extensive schedule?

Then what is left for this Sept 12th continuation event?

A lot of my stuff (mostly tv shows) got moved to Sept 12, but honestly I can’t dedicate as much time as needed to watch everything in one day so I think this will be better. It is more exciting to have it as 24 hours, it creates a sense of urgency and community. If they had reworked it to start Friday night and end Sunday night so you had two days back to back it would’ve felt more like comic con (which a lot of people seem to want).

But it’s too late now so I say we enjoy the event and get hyped about any announcements. They’re probably luring regular fans of the movies in with today to get them to come back. I can’t wait for the Young Justice panel and am sad I have to keep waiting, but there’s plenty to enjoy today.

2 Likes

I think I may have seen someone mention it, but the schedule came back up and it’s only Hall of Heroes for this weekend. All other sections are scheduled for Sept 12th.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s all speculation on my part too. I’m sure they invested a lot in trying to ensure this goes off without a hitch. I just think when you’re talking multiple video streams across multiple pages being accessed all at the same time, all under the same roof - that probably takes a lot of management at the best of times. Maybe they tried a “dry run” test and it wasn’t good enough so they pulled the plug on the original idea at the last minute. Anyway, here we go. Enjoy the show!

1 Like

How do I actually watch it? The schedule doesn’t have any video or links? It just let’s me add to google calendar, which does nothing.

So what was the point of adding different events to a schedule if we are just going to watch all the events?

1 Like

Is this why I can’t seem to view the Insider verse stuff?

I’m actually glad they made it into two parts! By the way did anyone see the fan dome box that Jim Lee unboxed last night? Killer stuff they sent to people involved with the fan dome as a thank you was my understanding. That said I’m keeping an eye out on e bay for one of the hats

2 Likes