Best Thing Coming Out of DC Rebirth

What is your favorite current ongoing series at DC right now?

P.S. Anybody else watch Comics Explained?

5 Likes

For me, it has to be Tom King’s Batman and Bendis’ Superman. Sad to see Tom King go though.

@Dextertebigboi

why?

2 Likes

@Awesome Squid wym?

@Dextertebigboi Tom King’s Batman and Bendis’ Superman are currently two of the most disliked ongoing series, at least in the eyes of most readers. So I thought it was funny that you like both of them. My comment was mostly meant to be a joke, but I am also genuinely curious why you like them.

2 Likes

I also didn’t care for Tom King’s Batman just my opinion though I know plenty that do.

My fav thing to come out of rebirth is hands down is the Button and Doomsday Clock. Gosh what a great story and art!

2 Likes

@Awesomesquid I don’t know why but literally everything Tom King writes I eat up like a kid in a candy store! Almost as good as Snyder’s Batman. For Supes, I am only speaking for The Unity Saga: Phantom Earth, but I thought it was a cool and interesting start for his run.

@Dextertebigboi

Well I’m glad you enjoy them, even if I don’t. I especially dislike Tom King’s Batman, but I like most of his other work. I’m excited for the movie he’s cowriting.

Bendis’ run on Superman isn’t too bad, but it’s horrible that he kicked off a good author and messed up a fantastic status quo (that was leading to a satisfying conclusion) just because he wanted to do what he wanted instead. He also has a complete disregard for continuity, which is very annoying. I think Bendis has a problem with his ego.

2 Likes

@AwesomeSquid lol I completely agree that he has an inflated ego. In fact, his Superman is the only book of his I actually enjoy. With that said, what is your favorite ongoing series right now?

@AwesomeSquid lol I completely agree that he has an inflated ego. In fact, his Superman is the only book of his I actually enjoy. With that said, what is your favorite ongoing series right now?

I think Doomsday Clock is the only thing that hasn’t had a drop in quality since Rebirth.

Of the regular ongoings I think Supergirl is still doing fairly well apart for some out of character traits.

Superman and Batgirl has strayed the furthest and need to find their way back again. This darker Batgirl and Jor-El thing needs to end.

1 Like

Favorite Rebirth series: Superman, very closely followed by Action Comics and Jim Lee’s run on Suicide Squad.

Favorite current title: Young Justice. It’s alot of fun.

2 Likes

Best thing to come out of Rebirth? Jon Kent, hands down. Making Superman a father (at long last) was the best decision DC’s made in a long time, imo, and Jon’s just a great character in general.

3 Likes

Aw, I like Jon Kent too (as a kid… not thrilled with the aging to 17 thing).

As for ongoings, I like the current Batgirl, Aquaman, and Shazam.

2 Likes

Every Title has dropped in quality since their first Rebirth arcs.

I am not enjoying

Aquaman
Batman
Detective
Nightwing
Red Hood and the Outlaws
Shazam after great first issue
Supergirl
Superman
Wonder Woman

And before they were my favorites.

Naomi is not bad but slow

Hawkman is good

Freedom Fighters is a mini and good

Batgirl will soon get replaced by Bad Furies Author. I liked current Author fiest few issues

Justice league Dark is good.

Justice League and Wild Storm i do not understand.

New Justice league Odyssey is bad
Great characters in a bad storyline.

2 Likes

Hawkman & You bet. It’s a great channel.

2 Likes

I don’t watch any YouTube comic book series, unless the occasional episode of DC Daily counts.

The best thing to come out of Rebirth is Christopher Priest’s Deathstroke. There’s nothing else quite like it.

3 Likes

Red hood and the outlaws and tomasi’s run on superman for sure

3 Likes

Regarding Comics Explained, I don’t follow it or other YouTube comic related fan channels.

CE is okay. Many others are seemingly a vehicle for their creator’s arrogance and in some cases, unbridled jackassery.

1 Like