Best Thing Coming Out of DC Rebirth

Oh, Hawkman has been great too! I forgot about that one, thanks. :slight_smile:

I also really liked Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps and Mister Miracle (although I view it as out of continuity). Generally, I like rebirth versions of Wonder Woman, Red Hood, and Green Arrow over what I’d read of the new52 versions.

I was really happy Wally West came back, but I’m disappointed with what’s happened to him since. Also, Nightwing is one of my favorite characters, but most of his rebirth run has fallen flat for me.

2 Likes

@c02goddess With regards to the Rebirth Nightwing series, I completely agree. It’s very hit and miss.

2 Likes

I loved most of the Batman related Rebirth series (RHATO, Detective Comics, etc.), but currently they (and other runs as I have heard) are now going downhill.

2 Likes

This list is the best comics of Rebirth based on fan reception, critic reviews and my personal opinion which generally aligns with the consensus.

Superman by Tomasi
Green Arrow by Ben Percy
Hal Jordan and the GLC by Venditti
Red Hood and the Outlaws by Scott Lobdell
Deathstroke by Christopher Priest
New Superman by Gene Luen Yang
Wonder-Woman by Greg Rucka
All-Star Batman by Snyder
Aquaman by Dan Abnett
Detective Comics by Tynion

Alot of people like Josh Williamsons Flash, I personally also liked both Teen Titans and Titans from Rebirth and Sam Humphries Green Lanterns.

Here are some of the best recieved comics that came after the Rebirth event. Some of these arent available on DCU yet, either cause of their popularity or cause not enough time has passed yet.

Mister Miracle by Tom King,
Hawkman by Venditti,
Super sons by Tomasi,
The Terrifics by Lemire,
The Green Lantern by Morrison,
Detective Comics by Tomasi,
Doomsday Clock by Johns,
Naomi by Bendis
The Batman who Laughs by Snyder
Justice League by Snyder

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Also gonna add for the best recent ongoing series: Shazam, Young Justice, Justice League Dark.

2 Likes

Damien Wayne… Always Damien

Oh, and

Ric Grayson aka Ricci

3 Likes

@Vroom Which channels are you talking about?

1 Like

@Awesome_Squid Out of what little respect I have for the channels I don’t like, I won’t mention them by name here.

Plus, I don’t want to negatively influence anyone who may seek out a channel I dislike, were I to mention them. I’d rather someone approach things objectively instead of with a potential “He said this channel sucks, so let’s see if anything does suck about it.” mentality.

3 Likes

Forgot to mention it, But I love what they have done with Aquaman so far too.

4 Likes

I can’t understand all these people that don’t like Tom King’s Batman. It’s so good. Everything that happens in it matters to the ongoing story. It’s not immediately forgotten about. I like Scott Snyder but just look at death of the family. As soon as it was over he took a year off to tell a story set in the past and by the time he came back to the present it wasn’t even acknowledged again in the Batman title that the bat family was on the outs because of it. Tomasi brought them back together during Robin Rises in Batman and Robin. If I can skip a complete story arc and not feel like I’m missing something later on that comic is mostly just wasting my time.

2 Likes

I liked Kings Batman in the beginning but he sort of lost me. The I am Bane story didnt really do much for me and Bane is an alltime favorite of mine.

King is one of the best writers of this decade based on Mister Miracle, Vision, Grayson and, The Omega Men. I know right now people are upset with his Heroes in Crisis and his Batman is hit or miss but I hope it doesnt ruin the legacy of the absolutely stellar stories he has written.

2 Likes

I liked the war of jokes and riddles, it’s one of my favourite batman stories

2 Likes