Best Superman Moments

7 Likes

I have that Superman hardcover and have read it within the past month. Alan Moore was an excellent writer for Superman which is sort of odd considering what Alan Moore is known for.

2 Likes

I think I have that story in a TPB that’s a compilation of some of his miscellaneous work for DC. It’s good stuff. It seems like everything he ever touched turned to gold.

2 Likes

I have finally made it to the next Superman TPB that reprinted stories from 2000 'Til Death Do Us Part.
I like seeing Superman and Lex take verbal jabs at each other. It brings much needed lightness, especially after that Brainiac Y2K story.

4 Likes

1 Like

How has no one gotten the best one?

5 Likes

I am reading the TPB Critical Condition so I am not sure what comic this is from. This scene shows the difference of Bruce and Clark. While Bruce is Batman he cannot see people as people. When Clark is Superman he continues to see people as people. This is a brilliant scene from a story that I am growing to really like. Lois is missing and Batman is helping a sick Clark look for her.

2 Likes

@D4RK5TARZ it’s from Action Comics #766

2 Likes

That would make sense as this book has Action 766 and 767. The story was called DOA and was written by Jeph Loeb. The one thing I wish this book did was include the covers whenever a new book starts. They actually blur out the “continued in next issue” part on the pages. However, the upside is that is that they combine a bunch of Superman stories from the year 2000 and they are indeed page turners.

2 Likes

this bit between Clark and Ollie From Green Arrow #16 (2001) I thought was really cool!

2 Likes