Best Superman Moments

What are your favorite Superman moments? I am finally finishing up No Limits! and this panel with Clark and Diana made me love Superman even more! To give background to this scene, Superman and Wonder Woman are transported to Valhalla to help Thor in a thousand-year war. Clark hasn’t seen Lois in as many years and has come to terms that he will never see her again. While he can still remember her face he can’t remember how she smells. Then there is this scene.

9 Likes

I remember that! That’s a great scene

4 Likes

I love the action and super heroics of Superman but I love it when we get a glance of humanity.

2 Likes

11 Likes

What is this from? I have been reading older Superman books and haven’t really read anything newer than New 52.

3 Likes

It’s from Allstar Superman.

4 Likes

I thought it looked familiar! I have recently read the first 2 books and then got sidetracked to other things. Last time I read that book in full was when it was coming out issue by issue.

3 Likes

Superman, drawing sunlight back out of a sunflower in The Dark Knight Returns! Blew my mind the first time I read Frank Miller’s graphic novel, which feels to me like one of the definitive takes on Superman

5 Likes

From Action Comics # 792, a story where Clark investigates the disappearance of one of his favorite news vendors. This is such an emotional gut punch but has some incredible captions. Every time I read it it breaks my heart. It’s a power issue, it’s an issue where we get more Clark than Superman and it’s an excellent example of how fantastic a writer Joe Kelly is!

6 Likes

That art work is excellent as well! Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

I don’t read a lot of Superman. I read some. I think this came out shortly after the death of Superman. It came bagged with a bunch of color forms you could stick on the cover. (Anyone know of any other color form covers?)

As you can see, Supes punched Lobo so hard he sent him to space and he destroyed or damaged a spacecraft that was there. The dialogue is funny to me. Sorry @D4RK5TARZ if this isn’t a heartfelt story, or exactly what you were looking for on this topic. It kind of sums up the kind of things I like about comics, though.

4 Likes

This is a favorite along side the page posted by @TheDarkKnieves

8 Likes

This is you favorite Superman moment! We all have different opinions on what makes that moment.

Also, that cover is pretty excellent! I haven’t seen a colorform cover before.

2 Likes

I remember this cover! I would spend hours mixing it around at my grandmother’s house. They gave different arms and effects and stuff! If memory serves me right, I took these color forms and put them in my old Batman color form set for a little crossover. Ah, simpler times!

4 Likes

It’s not a Superman comic, but Jack Knight’s whole interaction with Superman at the end of Robinson’s Starman series was awesome. I don’t have pics of all the panels. The implication that Jack Told Jor-El about earth during his travel through space and time And that may have been why Kal was sent to earth…great addition to a great story. (The climax of that series was one of two comic stories that actually moved me to tears).

I guess I do like some heartfelt stories too.

4 Likes

The 90s were a great time to be into comics as a kid. I love all the foils and cutouts And special covers from that time period.

2 Likes

Action Comics Vol. 2 #1

SupesDream
Superman Vol. 1 #165

Superman Vol. 1 #174

All-Star Superman #6

Superman Vol. 1 #151

SupesRebuild
Action Comics Vol. 2 #11

They Surrender 2
All-Star Superman #3

I’m really only just getting started…