Batwoman

Elseworlds has already been referred to… in the 5th episode, “Mine is a Long and a Sad Tale” .

However, with Batwoman Season 1 being set a year behind every one of the other Arrowverse series, involving Kate in the Crisis is going to have to involve some kind of complicated contrivance, which has me a bit worried.

I’m not sure it is, though. Arrow began w/ Oliver’s mission w/ the Monitor, which kicked off in the previous season finale, Flash picked up the second where season 5 ended and season 5 of Supergirl picked up a month later. I know these shows normally unfold in real time, but it seems like they made an effort to not have any significantly long time jump in between seasons this time around

The first season of Batwoman is currently set in December of 2018.

Right, but the other shows aren’t necessarily taking place in the fall of 2019 either. There’s definitely a gap, but I don’t think it’s as big as a full year. Crisis could also just show Kate a few months later w/out necessarily spoiling exactly what happens to Alice

They are, though, because that’s how the Arrowverse operates unless it is explicitly stated to be otherwise.

OK, I completely forgot about the four-month time jump after the beginning of the Flash premiere and the fact that they’ve been specifically counting down to Crisis, so that’s my bad. I’m still not sure that Kate being behind everyone else is that big an issue, though, as the Monitor could be gathering heroes from across time as well as space. We’ll just have to see how that’s addressed, if at all, next month

Yeah, they could, I guess do something Elseworlds-related at the end of the next episode, and then set the first Crisis episode a year later (and whether or not they jump back again would be another question).

As I noted earlier, Batwoman Season 1 has already referenced “Elseworlds”.

The 5th episode of the season, “Mine is a Long and a Sad Tale” takes place 2 weeks after the Elseworlds crossover because Luke mentions the Arkham Asylum breakout that John Deegan orchestrated, which he would’ve known about because of Kate having been involved in dealing with it.

Aha. I did not catch that. Good to know.

No actually, so far Batwoman has been a terrible show. It makes no sense a lot of the time and Ruby’s acting is so stale that it’s hard to watch at times.

I’m glad you brought themes up because the underlying LGBT by any means necessary theme becomes cringe worthy many times and ultimately ends up hurting the “cause” they attempted to take advantage of.

I thought the first couple of episodes were a little rough, however the series keeps getting better, and my wife has even gotten into it. I like Ruby Rose, too, I think any stiffness you’re seeing is in the character, not the actress. She was good in Orange is the New Black, too.

Regarding the “LGBT themes,” that’s dealt with in the comicbooks, as well , including her getting kicked out of the military for don’t ask, don’t tell and her relationship struggles. I certainly don’t see anything in the series that is hurting a “‘cause.’”

3 Likes

I find it dull. I think the plot just should have been kate trying to find Batman and then he’s dead or something.