Batwoman

I watched the premier of Birds of Prey on here recently thanks to DC Daily, and there does seem to be some similarities in flavor.

Is it my favorite Arrowverse show? No (Flash and Arrow seem to be killing it this year). Is it still really good! For sure. Itā€™s taken me less time to figure out what I really think of it, which is a good thing.

Its not my favorite so far either even though I really want it to be due to the Batman mythology and all. I guess the title of ā€œfavoriteā€ would go to Titans/Doom Patrol as far as Iā€™m concerned.

Iā€™ve always felt Babs was better in her role as Oracle rather than Batgirl.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think the writing is very good on Batwoman, but Iā€™m absolutely loving Ruby Roseā€™s portrayal. Hope they tighten up the story line and this becomes something akin to the first few seasons of Arrow!

2 Likes

Itā€™s an excellent show so far, and no show really finds its footing so early on. Some series even take a few seasons to really become what they are. I hope we get many wonderful seasons of Batwoman and this version of Gotham and its citizens.

1 Like

I will say at the very least, Iā€™m enjoying the show more than Black Lightning, which is still at the bottom of my list in terms of DC/CW shows. But even so, Batwoman has a long way to go. It still feels like what we got with Arrow back in 2012, and doesnā€™t seem to have itā€™s own voice just yet. Hopefully this is just a matter of first season growing pains, and weā€™ll see some improvement towards the end or in the second season- and there better be one, because if a show as plodding as Black Lightning can get another season, so can Batwoman.

I do like Batwoman better than Legends of Tomorrow, and Gotham (now ended, and good riddance).

I am not crazy about the current story arc, and hope they wrap that up soon, and move on to other things. I hold nothing against the cast, but some story arcs tend to bore me, like their current one.

MACJR

Well, that was odd. Someone edited my post (a mod maybe?) and liked this thread in my name, and bookmarked it. I could remove the bookmark, but not the like I did not add.

I do not dislike this thread, but I am conservative with thread likes, and rarely use bookmarks.

MACJR

No offense to Sophie (or anyone who ships Sophie/Kate), but Iā€™m holding out hope they will bring in Renee Montoya or Maggie Sawyer.
It would be a crazy kinda epic if they were able to bring Floriana Lima back to play Maggie. The only reason I was even remotely okay after the writers broke up her relationship with Alex in Supergirl was because in my mind she was supposed to be with Kate.

1 Like

That would be fantastic! Maybe after Crisis?

1 Like

I highly doubt thatā€™ll happen. The Arrowverse has enough dedicated viewers to the point where none of these shows have really had any serious concerns about getting canceled in years. Plus all the ā€œcontroversyā€ (people ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ) about how itā€™s overly feminist will probably just give the show more attention, which canā€™t hurt

Yes! They still need to resolve the lingering issues between her and Sophie. Maggie does not need to get involved with that hot mess.

I know the show takes place on a different earth than Supergirl, but I canā€™t see the CW recasting Maggie Sawyer. Besides, Floriana Lima was the one who left the show, and I havenā€™t seen any indication that sheā€™d be interested in returning to the role in any capacity. I am curious as to whether theyā€™d even be able to do Renee Montoya, given that sheā€™s gonna be in Birds of Prey. If they can bring that character to the show, Iā€™d definitely be excited

1 Like

:pleading_face: Yeah, we know how much of a stretch it is, but a girl can dream. :grin: I donā€™t see why they couldnā€™t do a TV and film version of Renee Montoya though seeing as they had two versions of Flash.

1 Like

They certainly could, I just never know where WB stands on having different versions of a character on TV and in the movies. It seems like theyā€™ve gone back and forth on that in recent years, so I just wouldnā€™t be surprised if the show would be blocked from using her, even if temporarily

1 Like

Ahā€¦But maybe not after Crisis.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the hope, but Iā€™ll work w/ what weā€™ve got for now

1 Like

Re: character access rights, there is no longer an across-the board ā€œembargoā€ policy; character rights access is determined on an individual case-by-case basis and is not determined by the status - or lack thereof - of said character rights in other mediums.

Or, to pur it more simply, the fact that Renee Montoya is a character in the BoP film has no true bearing on whether or not the Batwoman television series might bring her into the story at any point.

2 Likes

Thank you, @DigificWriter

1 Like

And Rachel Skarsten is in both series!
Also Batwoman got a full season commitment.