Batman vs. Robin #1 [SPOILERS]

1 Like

This better not be a trick, is all I can say.

2 Likes

Does their name rhyme with “Malfred”, by chance?

1 Like

“Surprise! We taught Clayface how to make proper tea!”

What? The character who had previously died and come back to life in the 1960s might be coming back to life again after his most recent death? Who saw this coming? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Any chance we can change this title? It’s a major spoiler. There’s only one major Bat-Family member who is dead right now, I think.

I didn’t want to know this and just reading the title of the thread gave it away for me.

2 Likes

Its comics

True, but they’ve actually managed to have Alfred’s death stick for a few years now, which defies the usual expectations of fakeout deaths or characters being brought back quickly. Obviously he wasn’t gonna stay dead forever, but it’s been long enough now where there can still be some legit surprise behind him coming back

1 Like

It’s still a spoiler for a major storyline. And one that has been going on for years now, since King’s run on Batman.

I was looking forward to reading this series without knowing what was going to happen. I don’t want that to happen to anyone else. I can’t be the only one that doesn’t like spoilers for comics story lines that haven’t been released yet.

2 Likes

DC literally released the pages of this themselves as a preview to build up hype for it

Did you change the title to a full spoiler now instead of the slightly ambiguous one from before?

Just because DC release a preview doesn’t mean everyone reads it. This is an event I was looking forward to. However, I hate spoilers, so I never read previews. I would have been surprised by this when I read this comic but now I will not be. I was just asking if you could change the title to avoid this happening to anyone else. You didn’t need to change it to be a worse spoiler.

2 Likes

Maybe the butler did it.

But yeah, can we avoid doubling-down on a title faux pas?

3 Likes

2 Likes

No, no. Row said “a worse spoiler.” That’s a better Spoiler.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’ve been nice. You know what I meant. I just asked if you could change the title to avoid spoiling people about an upcoming comic series. It’s honestly just a common courtesy when discussing series/shows that haven’t been released or have been recently released. It really didn’t need to turn into all of this.

Please change the title of this thread. It really shouldn’t be that big of an issue.

3 Likes

Can they keep making me fight my children.

1 Like

Hey everyone! :wave:

This is just a gentle reminder to remain respectful of your fellow community members and to avoid untagged spoilers, especially for unreleased and/or newly released comics. It is good practice to appropriately warn and/or blur potential spoilers, not only for comics but also for movies, TV shows, etc. You can find the community guidelines here.

The title of the thread has been changed accordingly. Please keep further conversation on topic. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The October solitations literally mentenaled Alfred in it

In the wake of Damian Wayne’s devastating attack on the Batcave, Bruce and Alfred are on the run and running out of time! Magic users across the planet are experiencing dangerous and deadly power flares, and Batman must solve this mystery before his friends and allies are turned to ash. To crack this case, the Dark Knight is going to need the help of one of the greatest masters of the magic arts on the planet…Zatanna! What awaits our ragtag group of heroes in the House of Secrets? Can Damian break free of Nezha’s possession spell before he murders his own father? All this and more in the explosive second chapter of Batman vs. Robin !

I

The GOOD Spoiler!

2 Likes

Is it really Damian Wayne in the robin suit? Respawn lives on the Planet of Junk (sorry i could not resist the transformers The Movie (1986) quote) I cant belive i missed this in Robin vol 3 issue 17