Batman Reborn # 101 and the Future of Batcat and a Place to Vent (Spoiler Warning Read the Book First)

PS: I am having a bit of trouble getting into soul stealer as I am having trouble with the fact that bat and cat do not get there start together, as they do get there start a year apart in the golden age and silver age,(cats actually starts first) than the modern age its 2 months apart.

It’s not meant to fit into the “regular” canon, think of it like an Elseworlds story.

i I have been trying to do just that, however, so far it’s like they took batman begins and swapped Bruce for Selina and then they are leaving batman out for luke because batman could steal the book (read that in a comment review on audible)… it does not help me any that for me Batcat (bruce/selina) is as sacred to me as Lois/Clark is to superman fans and it seems like they are setting it up for luke/Selina story. -_-" i am a very picky about the romances I fallow .

I feel like an off-the-path romance is fine as long as it’s part of its own story. The Selina/Luke romance here has no bearing on the rest of the comic book universe. It can be appreciated as its own thing.

1 Like

True, however, I just spent the last hour overthinking this I am on chapter 7 and was apprehensively enjoying the story…right up until it hit me that they used Talia al Ghul to recruit Selina into the league of assassins…they had Batmans psychotic, manipulative megalomaniac ex-wife recruit His long time lover/wife/love interest of 80 years/Fiance recruited into the death cult that is the League of Assassins, a cult Batman once considered joining and then they replace Bruce Wayne with Luke Fox -_-… ya I just figured out that this just ruined the story for me. :disappointed:

PS: i am likely going to get a copy from the kindle store and finish it as the narration also got on my nerves.
PSS: I am feeling inclined to explain this a bit more. I more a listener to things like tv shows and cartoons and when the lady narrating started voicing James Gordan it just turned me off to the Audiobook version,