Batman/Catwoman 1-8 Discussion Can Contain Spoilers

I don’t think that’s a great idea either. You’d have to have one heck of a great story to win fans over. And I still think it wouldn’t really work. The Damian and Dick fans, for one, would absolutely reject it.

1 Like

He has been doing ‘it’ with catwoman since year two as of rebirth’s recon with the war of jokes and riddles.

Well IMHO Damian should not have the monopoly on being the biological child of Bruce Wayne which he has had since Son of The Demon. However, I was also half asleep when I posted that. what I was likely thinking was you could recon her as being born in year three and batcat getting together in year three (they did have an early cannon confusing engagement in the gold age at around year three). the lengths DC editors have gone to keep BatCat apart has become ridiculous yet Damian gets to be in almost every universe baring an earth 2. Damian is in batman beyond as of the new 52. Lois and Clark were never supposed to get together now they are married with their kid or kids. DC kowtowed to the demands of fans to get Lois and Clark back together. Helena could just sidestep Robin and have her become Catgirl working with her mother.

1 Like

I’m not saying that he SHOULD. But Damian fans definitely seem to think that. (I love Damian, but he is nowhere close to my favorite, which is why I don’t class myself as a Damian fan.)

Catgirl, Stray, Kitten…oooh, now I remember that I liked Kitriona Falcone as Catgirl!

1 Like

Just making conversation now but you can’t please everyone, plus Damian has a twin (revealed in doomsday clock) and mutant clones so it’s a moot point. Plus it’s not fair to Bruce that he does not get to raise any of his kids from the start (outside earth 2/two’s continuities and this universe), does not get to hold them as a baby even Oliver Queen gets that experience (outside of injustice.) Because let’s face it Bruce would not have let go if he had that chance and Damian would not be the brat everyone love/hates. Unfortunately, Helena Kyle of New Earth does not canonically cont despite my head cannon.

1 Like

Tis true you can’t please anyone. But I look at how Damian fans reacted to one of my favorite comics, the Deathstroke run by Priest, and I think there’s still too much wrapped up in Damian’s genetics and the “rights” he has because of them.

As for Bruce being able to raise his kids - it isn’t fair, but it’s also never going to happen, because it ages him too much.

One of the reasons I loved the Bat/Cat Special is because you DO get to see the pieces of Bruce and Selina raising Helena. Beautifully done.

2 Likes

(I hope you are enjoying this debate and i am not frustrating you) Actually, it’s hard not to age up Bruce since the introduction of Dick Grayson And Damian wayne starts that process as there are some things canonically set in stone with him. one is he is at least 26 when he becomes Batman, he takes in Dick after at least 1 year of being batman generally 3 years. bruce has been batman for 114 years now (two years have canonically passed and two years had passed in the new 52 era.) so you have to manipulate the age Dick is when he is taken in. then you have his son Damian and even with your accelerated growth idea, Damian still has his age set at 10 when he meets his father, is 12 when he is killed and resurrected and is now 14.

I actually read some of that ark. Yes, it’s true Damian is the genetic son, but in bruces eyes that does not entitle Damian to special treatment over his other kids, it does however in Damian’s mind. Also, Damian has been around for 16 years in the main cannon, well Helena Wayne has been around 45 years yet nearly has nearly the presence she should.

2 Likes

@millernumber1 @Nobody.bladesmith

I am not old and… Ugh ugh ugh! Robin, get me my pills, quick.

3 Likes

Robin: Which pills? the one for your heart or the one for your pain?

2 Likes

All of them.

2 Likes

I thought that’s why you had alfred?

1 Like

I am very old. I read Steph’s Batgirl run when it came out!

1 Like

No worries! I do sometimes wonder why DC chose 25 and not 20 as the start of Batman. I guess for training time.

Where did we get the 12 age for Damian’s death? Was that in Batman and Robin? I thought he was still ten in Robin Son of Batman.

I agree that Bruce should (and usually does) not give Damian special treatment because of his genes. I really appreciated the Truth and Justice arc where Damian has a birthday party last summer because it highlighted that.

Helena Wayne was around from the 70s to the 80s, but then was kind of absent from 86-2011, and was part of a non-main universe for most of her existence. So it’s not quite the same.

Not saying they couldn’t or even shouldn’t change that, but the way that DC chose to manage them is really different, largely because of Morrison’s choice to place Damian in main continuity as the main Batman writer.

1 Like

@RobbinGames Alas nobody lives forever poor Yorick.

@millernumber1 Age is relative to how many bullet wounds you have.

I could not really start training until I turned 18, and then I needed several years. I give special treatment to Carrie, not Damian.

3 Likes

I view it partially as bruce was waiting till his brain fully developed so he would not take risks as there is a reason men’s car insurance premiums go down at 25.
Damian age: I think he was 11 or 12 in the ark where bruce brings him back. I have not read the entire ark though. he is however 12 by rebirth and is 14 now.

Helena Wayne as Helena Kyle (confirmed as the daughter of Bruce Wayne) the star of 2002-2003’s birds of prey live action Tv series. which also got connected to the arrowverse multiverse two years ago. according to DC database wiki she had a camo appearance (mother unknown) in the last issue of 52 and a few justice society pages in 2007.
Category:Helena Wayne (Earth-2)/Appearances | DC Database | Fandom given things that happen on other earth’s do not affect other earth’s if it’s not something like Perpetua or the anti mater wave, theoretically this Helena Wayne is the same Helena Wayne for the new 52.
PS: I was a kid when Steph’s first appeared as Spoiler so I am old too =).
I have been meaning to read that series.

2 Likes

Says the man who gets shot at

2 Likes

Oh, really - how did the 02 BOP show get connected to the Arroverse?

I was technically a kid in 1992 when Steph appeared, but I wasn’t reading comics until 2004-5, so I had no idea. :slight_smile:
I’m not a huge Morrison fan, so I don’t really recommend it, but people do love that run, and it was hugely influential.

1 Like

a single seen in the infinite crisis crossover, and then the clocktower set from the show appearing in Dinah drakes bar =)

1 Like

Oh, I see. Sadly, I view the 02 BOP show very similarly to the BOP movie with Harley Quinn - it just doesn’t feel like the BOP I love from Dixon and Simone’s runs.

2 Likes

The show was a bit like batman 66 but if it was a bad acid trip instead of a good one.
I have yet to get into the older Bop, I do enjoy Batgirl and the birds of prey from rebirth though. although I need to pick it back up. I did read the shiva vs Huntress issue of vol I think 4. but that was research for a fanwork I was working on.

2 Likes

Are you talking about this issue? That’s one of my favorites!

Also, I really hope that someday the Birds of Prey club reads this hilarious Birds of Prey/Scooby Doo crossover :slight_smile:

I give the Simone run my highest of all recommendations, and the Dixon run just slightly below that!

3 Likes