Batman/Catwoman 1-8 Discussion Can Contain Spoilers

well this months marks the start of the endgames of each era of the is visceral story of love, friendship, and loss and the battle for Selina’s soul begins as its Catwoman vs Huntess/Batwoman for the first time one on one.

question: Did Selina really kill the joker?
Why has the joker never been drawn the same way twice? even when they could have used a reusable panel in issue eight it is redrawn.
will we learn more about the rest of the batfamily?
Will this end in march? for batcat met on March 11.

6 Likes

What makes you think that it’s the start of the endgame?

1 Like

Well, the barbara gordan answer is it’s a twelve-issue limited series on its last 3 issues. The logical answer: The synopsis for issue nine stating Helena is starting to track down her mom. So this is why I feel the endgame is starting. As I would prefer the final issue being a massive epologe.

1 Like

I see! I guess I would have thought that issue 10 would make more sense, the actual first of the last three issues.

1 Like

well it depends on how you look at it, In my humble opinion as this is divided into 3 time lines so we have 3 end games that will happened. or we get a two part and a epilog that shows the rest of the Batfamily.

2 Likes

PS: Did you notice the fact that the joker is not drawn the same way twice?

1 Like

Do you mean they change the clothes in every shot? I’m not quite sure I know what you’re saying.

1 Like

His face is never drawn the same way twice.

1 Like

I have to admit I did not notice that, but I often don’t look very closely at the Joker’s face. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I stumbled on it well reading issue 8 where its really obvious.

1 Like

Have you asked Liam Sharpe about it on twitter?

1 Like

No i do not tweet much and aside form here am not very active on social media right now.

2 Likes

0_0 I just realized this reads a lot like Akira Kurosawa’s psychological thriller Rashomon with different time periods thrown in.

2 Likes

I’m sure King would love that comparison! :slight_smile: I like how the various time periods echo each other a lot.

2 Likes

i just realized that the three eras of the book could also be another easter egg. referencing Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, and Eartha Kitt the three actresses who played Catwoman in Batman 66. however, I could be overthinking it.

1 Like

I am subscribed to Batman/Catwoman on amazon and Just got the pre-order alert for this issue.
millernumber1 I remember you telling me about this issue and I am glad they are releasing it. I am also wondering what kind of easter eggs would be in it. =). Fitting it will be released on the 80th year of Catwoman going from The Cat to Cat-Woman Catwoman.
Going to have to see if it will have any interesting variant covers for this issue.

2 Likes

Ok, i was re-reading issue three and I just realized this is an easter egg and I can’t believe I overlooked it from issue 3.

Catwoman was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane 0_0

3 Likes

Awesome catch! I really love all these details King and his artists seed in there!

2 Likes

I am the same, it’s why I started a post for for finding them: The Easter Eggs In DC Black Label Batman/Catwoman - #13 by Nobody.bladesmith

1 Like

I ship Talia and Batman more, though Cats and Bats work well together

1 Like