Batman and Catwoman Are Going To Have a Batkid

I remember that one. The one where they grow old together.

We got another Robin coming! :astonished:

1 Like

I have a split mind set on this one too. It would be cool to have a bat cat baby but at the same time kind of hard to see if it will work in the dynamic of who we know as batman you know. I think maybe it would work in some ways because then the older readers can see Batman in the dad life experiences. But at the same time will Bruce get a dad bod??? Only time will tell.

omā€¦supermanā€¦ya I am of the mind batman is better than superman, batman expected Damian as his son regardless of Genetics (although he is Damianā€™s biological father) well Kon-el in certain universes is completely rejected by superman initially most notable young justice cartoon.

also, batman did not want his kids involved in his war, they joined in against his wishes then he trained them to keep them safe when he realized he would not be able to keep them from going out and being vigilantes. the exception being Batman: the brave and the bold cartoon batman in Future Knights.

Note: also the language of combat was a idea created back during No manā€™s land.

Iā€™m torn on one hand I think the batfamily is far too large for its own good. But on the other hand Iā€™d like see some positive growth from Bruce and Selina. And I love the idea of them raising a child together. Think how many siblings this baby has?

I have never bought into the idea that Batman being happy means heā€™s hanging up the cowl. Tragedy may have created the bat but happiness doesnā€™t have to end it. I think they are plenty of stories they can do that includes little baby Helena. But honestly, Tom King probably isnā€™t the best person to write that.

1 Like

I agree with you. Thinking if heā€™s happy he canā€™t be Batman anymore seems a little odd to me. Itā€™s not like heā€™s just constantly miserable and beating up people makes him feel better (although he has been portrayed like that often). He can still be defined by the tragedy in his life and vow to make the world a better place if heā€™s happy and somewhat content.

3 Likes

I agree King may not be the best to write some fuffy family stuff, but a intimidate Helenaā€™s possible boyfriend moment I can see him doing well.
Personally, I would love a fluffy batfamily outside of the cowl storyline involving both BatCat, NightOracle all trying to navigate parenthood from infant to adult.

Personally, i also feel Batman would be harder to beat if he is happy as he has something more to go back to than the next case. However, I also see him more switching to a support role once he gets to say 45 or 50 like he is in Batman Beyond. perhaps taking a role in the league similar to wildcat in Justice League Unlimited and training the young crimefighters of the future.

In Helena(Catwoman 80th anniversary issue) itā€™s implied that bat and cat are both still active and they alternate going out each night one stays in with Helena one goes out to beā€¦ their other-self.

1 Like

As much as I love babies, I canā€™t see Bruce with one, and I definitely canā€™t see Selina with one either. I could see them doing an issue about the pregnancy and the babyā€™s arrival, but after that it might show the child at a certain age, no longer a baby anymore, like a time skip.

This is interesting to think about, especially because itā€™s not going to be canonā€¦

1 Like

This would be an interesting thing to see, maybe like a series that shows the Batfamily in the future and this plays out. Iā€™d give it a read, for sure.

1 Like

Itā€™s mostly a mentality from people that have only seen the movies. I was that way for a while. I got better.

I still donā€™t love the idea but thatā€™s mostly down to being handled by Tom King.

3 Likes

They did that with the first huntress in her origin story.

1 Like