Batman and Catwoman Are Going To Have a Batkid

Sorry, I thought I hit @DeSade-acolyte :laughing:

1 Like

We are legion

2 Likes

If King names the baby, how many syllables do you think he will take off the end?
ā€œHey Bat?ā€ ā€œYes Cat?ā€ ā€œBat, itā€™s time to feed the babā€ ā€œok Cat. Open wide Hel. Here comes the batplaneā€

3 Likes

Straight up? Iā€™m not reading Tom King on Batman. Word of mouth is enough for me. Itā€™s too bad. Mister Miracle was amazing.

I donā€™t have the expectation that writers will have a success rate like Ty Cobbā€™s batting average. I get mad and complain, but I donā€™t let bad work out that much of a bad taste in my mouth.

I have faith Tom King will do good work again. I also think Bendis is talented and will do something worth while again (even though I feel heā€™s butchering Drake and Bart presently). I have faith in the writers.

I thinkā€¦

3 Likes

I laughed at that.

I too still hope and still like Tom, heā€™s is a good writer. (I love Mister Miracle and I think itā€™s his best work and one of the best comics ever made), Heā€™s just bad at sticking the landing. He started out pretty good with his batman run, but somewhere between The War of Jokes and Riddles and The Wedding, he lost himself and never recovered. I also do hope Bendis gets it together soon and writes a good story.

1 Like

@TheSandmanofGotham Thatā€™s a thing, right. If you canā€™t land the story it indicates you started with the beginning and middle and hope the end arrives along the way. Not ideal Iā€™d say.

Agreed

@TheSandmanofGotham: I will differ with you about Superman being a better father than Batmanā€“at least so far under the Bendis regime. Elsewhere on this app, I have made my displeasure known with Supermanā€™s (and Lois) parenting skills. Theyā€™re terrible!
And thatā€™s saying a lot given the fact that Bruce makes his little sociopath son Damien run around unfettered. Maybe super-heroes shouldnā€™t be parents. Let me amend that: Maybe DC super-heroes shouldnā€™t be parents. Reed and Susan over at that other comic book company are doing a fine job.

2 Likes

It also went for far too long and people kind of lost sight of the goal he had in mind.

If you think about it, they are terrible parents. they endanger their sons all the time with the crazy advantures they go on (tell me more reasons, I could only think of one of the top of my head). But I do agree, they shouldnā€™t have kids, having kids should happen if their missions are complete and or DC shuts down.

2 Likes

This made me chuckle :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@TheSandmanofGotham: Well, the main reason I think Lois and Clark are such terrible parents is that they robbed their son of his childhood by letting him go on an intergalactic ā€œtripā€ with cray gramps Jor-El. It might be the single most ludicrous decision ever made by Superman in his 80-plus year history. I refuse to let this go!

1 Like

Good point, he wonā€™t have a good childhood once he is grown up

2 Likes

They might do this to the child as well, when people get tired of the baby and want to see the finished product.

2 Likes

To be clear, this isnā€™t part of regular continuity at all. Tom King shared this on Twitter and a while back he shared on his Instagram a photo of the top of a word document for something heā€™s working on called ā€œCatwoman Special ā€“ Helena.ā€ So that panel is 100% for the 80th Anniversary Catwoman Speciale coming out in April.

There is a chance that it will play a role or tie into his upcoming Batman/Catwoman storyline, however.

3 Likes

So it may be related to the girl in the Detective Comics #1000?

You mean in the Geoff Johns/Kelley Jones story? Likely not. More likely it will tie in to what King wrote for Batman Annual #2, which King has said that is part of what he will write for Batman/Catwoman.

2 Likes

@Jay_Kay this girl from the hardcover edition of Batman: Detective Comics #1000.

Yeah, like I said, itā€™s likely not her, because thatā€™s a different writer/idea than what King has been doing. I think itā€™ll definitely link more into what King did in Batman Annual #2. If you havenā€™t read it, I highly recommend it ā€“ Iā€™ve seen from people who are die-hard against Kingā€™s run who even say itā€™s one of the better Batman issues in recent years.

2 Likes