Batman 1989 (Movie)

4 Likes

Premiere night (lots of recognizable stars in attendance, including the late great EVH :guitar:) over in Westwood Villiage:

5 Likes

B-Man 89 premiere TV spots on CBS during the run up to Returns back in '92:

5 Likes

Actual grapple gun prop from B-Man Returns featured here:

Retailers opening B-Man 89 merch during the run up to the movie’s premiere:

Entertainment Tonight takes a look at how BatMerch was sweeping the nation during March 1989:

4 Likes

Kim B. sits down for a B-Man 89 press junket chat here:

4 Likes

1980s era British TV series ‘Saturday Night at the Movies’ tours B-Man 89’s outdoor set at Pinewood Studios here:

4 Likes

I remember those!

Watching Batman on CBS was a must, not only for when Batman Returns debuted in-theater, but also shortly after Batman Forever’s theatrical release as well.

SN: CBS’s presentation of Batman during June of '95 was better, since they included interviews and BTS segments about Batman Forever during the commercial breaks.

3 Likes

Alrighty- time for DC89 to post her most fave cut from His Royal Badness’s B-Man 89 soundtrack:

:crown: :purple_circle: :purple_square: :purple_circle: :00_batman_1989: :umbrella:
#PurpleReign

4 Likes

:purple_heart:

"No pictures, please . . . "
xkbprn89x

3 Likes

3 Likes

Get in the car!

#WB100

4 Likes

Eckhardt… THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE!

#WB100

5 Likes

Adam and Norm unbox and review the massive Batwing model from the Tim Burton 1989 Batman film, made by Jazzinc Dioramas:

:00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989:

4 Likes

Savage takes a look at the authentic filming edition of the 89 Batwing here:

4 Likes

Batman Returns taught me that a Big Mac can be classy if you have the right lighting

And that ubiquitous marketing art! Jose Luis Garcia Lopez seeing his work on a McDonalds bag!

5 Likes

Love it! All of his artwork for the B-Man Returns promo was just so fantastic.

:00_batman_1992: :00_batman_1992: :00_batman_1992:

5 Likes

Ironically I avoid McDconalds like how Green Lantern avoids yellow pencils.

2 Likes

Oh? Because you serve…

3 Likes

No I serve the Five Bats restraunt.

2 Likes

:thinking: Wonder if I should use this thread to dissect every scene and analysis it by watching and writing about the movie, :thinking:
Nah! Where’s the fun in that, Siskel & Ebert does that to every movie and never seem to enjoy it!
I give this movie two thumps up, way up!

Let’s talk about this movie, will it be a classic? Why did it need to be so dark and not like the 1966 tv show? And where the heck is Robin?! You cannot have Batman without Robin.
See that’s Siskel and Ebert style, yes it’s a classic, and Batman always have to be dark and not be like the 1966 tv series (Caser Ramero wasn’t a fan of this movie!) And you definitely can have a Batman story without Robin. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s interesting that both Superman the movie and Batman, the Villains get the opening credit before the heroes in intro theme, Gene Hackman before Christopher Reeve, and Jack Nicholson before Michael Keaton. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes