Batman 1989 (Movie)

:hugs:

3 Likes

Eh, I’d rather be Jack’s sugarbumps lol

3 Likes

:laughing:

2 Likes

Along with promoting sales at the beginning of the piece.

Whoever has been cutting these Super Scenes (and now, trailers) needs to know that Blu-ray is technically written as “Blu-ray” and not “Blu-Ray”.

If they want to properly notate things as they should be and don’t want to incur the wrath of the Blu-ray Disc Association (an actual organization for any unaware, as its the group that set the technical standards for Blu-ray) or anal-retentive home video geeks, they might want to write Blu-ray correctly.

Just sayin’, WBHE. :nerd_face:

Kicking a vote Eckhardt’s way, because let’s be honest: William Hootkins-based Valentines are the gift that keeps on giving long past Valentine’s Day.

tucks his prototype for a Jek Porkins Valentine away

Soon.

pulls out his Raiders of the Lost Ark-based “Top men.” Valentine.

Sooner, especially once the “Will you be my Dial of Destiny?” Valentines debut next year.

3 Likes

Found this in a box of my mom’s keepsakes

I think it was '91 or '92, Astroworld in Houston. The gift shop was INCREDIBLE, like a set from one of the movies, either Axis Chemicals or the sewer. I’ve been trying for years to find photos or video of the gift shops like that.

3 Likes

I miss Astroworld, I think that was the first place I noticed Batman merch.

3 Likes

Me too. Ever been to Fiesta Texas in San Antonio? I live an hour away but ive never been

2 Likes

I think I went once, very early on. Astroword and Waterworld were my spots. I wish I could’ve done that Batman ride.

3 Likes

Just found that there’s a officially licensed Nicholson Joker costume!

mens-1989-batman-joker-suit-overcoat

3 Likes

Nice Outfit.:grinning:

3 Likes

:smile:

4 Likes

Re-watching the old HBO Miniseries - Truman, starring Gary Sinise (Lt. Dan) and who’s that playing the crooked Boss Tom Pendergast? Why’s that Pat Hingle! So I guess Gordon isn’t clean after all lol

4 Likes

“Say Jim, that’s a bad outfit!”

3 Likes

:00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989:

7 Likes

VHS Christmas sales push clip from 1989 here:

6 Likes

B-Man 89 merch sales segment from Entertainment Tonight here:

6 Likes

I haven’t heard anything to confirm this, but I’m just putting it out there:

2024 will see a big 35th anniversary merchandising push for Batman including (again, haven’t heard anything, just idle speculation) Batman and Joker figures from McFarlane Toys in their DC Multiverse line.

Given the scratch McFarlane has made from DC in the last 3 years and counting, I’m hoping they’ve allocated some of that Nicholson’s way, so as to get his likeness (which is very, very expensive to obtain) onto a Joker figure in time for next year’s big anniversary.

I’m also hoping WB allows big screen revivals of Batman next year (a local chain exhibited Batman Returns in January, so there’s hope), as its always a treat to see Batman in its best-suited environs.

5 Likes

Fan made fantasy poster of Tim Burton’s Batman Forever

5 Likes

:black_circle: :white_circle:

4 Likes

Incredible imagery. The movie is true noir when it goes BW. Wow! :+1:

3 Likes