Batman 1989 (Movie)

:hugs: :00_batman_1989:

5 Likes

we’re gonna make this thread a party again!

batconfetti

5 Likes

Let’s just take one more look at the gloriousness to come:

8 Likes

have you seen the le4ked s3t p!cs from Batgirl?

istockphoto-175484660-612x612

(i hope the mods don’t see through my code if it’s not ok to talk about them)

4 Likes

I have seen them.

But I limited myself to only one photo. Waiting for the movie to release to see all of it.

7 Likes

Batman 89’ kinda’ connects me to BG in a way as well- as she is enamored with B’Man’s crimefighting ways in the DCU I :purple_heart: all things B’Man89, so that’s a parallel between us. :smiley:

6 Likes

i’ve got to start saving up to buy all the MERCH! i just hope i still have enough hair in August for a batcut

batcut

5 Likes

:smile:

We gotta’ make these t-shirts a thing again during the lead up to the Batgirl and The Flash movies:

il_570xN.3663802673_le4p

Back in 1988/89 it seemed like every third or fourth person you passed at the mall was wearing one of these. :smiley:

7 Likes

omg i’m gonna go order one HYPE TRAIN GOOOOO

5 Likes

YES.

:00_batgirl1: :00_flash1:

8 Likes

I :heart: Burton’s Batman, as it’s one of the things that got me into DC in 1989.

Excuse me for a moment, while I tuck this bit of decor over yonder in the background:

The details likely don’t come across in the photo, but the above is still the most screen-accurate, smaller scale, Keaton Batman figure released to the mass market. His cape even has the screen-accurate texturing, which no Keaton Batman in a smaller scale has ever had, prior or since.

I’m excited for The Flash for numerous reasons, with one of them being that it will allow me the chance to go into a store and buy brand-new figures of Michael Keaton’s Batman from a brand-new movie starring his Batman. The last time I did that was as a child in the early to mid '90s (the duration of the Batman Returns line).

If you hear “Herb, come to the toy aisle. We have a nerd hyperventilating over Batman figures.” over the loudspeaker at your local Target, that’s me they’re needing Herb to come tend to. :nerd_face:

SN: I’mma drop this li’l nugget off, too:

5 Likes

letsgoshopping

6 Likes

'Kay!

I’m going to fill up a cart with the Batman movie cereal, and then another cart will be filled up with The Dark Knight Collection toys.

5 Likes

how do we like the Batman '89 comic?

• :grinning:
  • :slightly_smiling_face:
  • :neutral_face:
  • :slightly_frowning_face:
  • :face_vomiting:

0 voters

6 Likes

it’s been a big disappointment to me because Hamm’s made it like a social commentary vehicle, and while i agree with the intent, it supplants the heightened fantasy of the Burton movies. i don’t love the Burton movies because they stick it to fat cat department store owners and deadbeat circus freak parents. i love them because they’re weird and beautiful.

4 Likes

:musical_note: My ears are burning . . . :musical_note: :nerd_face: :smile:

4 Likes

Changed my vote, as I initially thought you meant the comic adaptation of the movie.

Batman '89 started off well-enough, but it lost me with the continuity contradictions of Robin and Two-Face.

I get that the book was always going to veer away from Batman Forever, but all the same, I didn’t find those veerings all that interesting, so I dropped the book after #3.

Superman '78 though, bliss. Loved it!

5 Likes

:laughing:

on that recommendation i might finally take the plunge. i was planning to wait until it hits dcui, but i like to vote with my dollars!

4 Likes

You think that it’s a credible report* when it states that this reveal sequence is set to this cut?

* . . . it’s my report.

5 Likes

I’ve always like seeing @DC89’s excitement when it comes to Batman (1989), It’s definitely is a greatest Batman film ever made!:smiley:

:batman:

5 Likes