Batman 1989 (Movie)

I’m gonna need a minute. A little break. I’ll process that it’s been 33 years while I rub Bengay on my knees.

5 Likes

Thank you my Excellent friend!

BGPNG

4 Likes

:fist_right: :fist_left:

I’ve been a DC comics fan for, WOW- 33 years now. Holy schnikes! :flushed: :triumph: :00_dc_2016:

6 Likes

:astonished: !!! Wait, let me check the date on the VHS copy my parents bought for me at the time or the Prince soundtrack I’ve got on cassette . . . !!! :exploding_head: :dc:

#RabbleRabbleSquad

4 Likes

Oh, I’m even worse. I was a childhood Superman fan. I’ll soon have to process the 45th anniversary of Superman 78. :fearful:

5 Likes

:purple_circle: :purple_heart: :00_batman_1989:

#vicki-vale #batman89 #prince

3 Likes

Class of '89 rules! :fist_right:t2: :fist_left:t2:

tosses a “Class of '89” shirt his fellow alumni/DC89’s way

Its the perfect piece of apparel that will make the Jokers in one’s life say “Nice outfit.”

adjusts his Class of '89 t-shirt

“What a day, what a day!”

4 Likes

some cool pics i’ve found

this next one is Keaton’s ballet dancer double in the suit

and i really wish i could find a bigger version of this!

FVc9yT8WUAELSK_

4 Likes

xpinewood89x
Pinewood Studios
:eyes:

3 Likes

Can I have something special as class of 85? I got into comics because of Master of the Universe mini comics, and my grandma giving me a VHS of Fleischer Superman.

2 Likes

I remember seeing this on a card, it drove me nuts! Wish the movie didn’t have a deleted scene.
Also Happy 33rd anniversary Batman 1989!
:cake::tada::confetti_ball: :thumbs_up_batman:

4 Likes

Thirty-three years ago today:

Thank you sooo much Warner Bros, DC Comics, Tim Burton, Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson, Kim Basinger, Robert Wuhl, Michael Gough, and Chicago Comics for opening my eyes to an incredibly wonderful and fantastic universe! Here’s to 33 more years of absolute wonderfulness!
#Batman89 #Batman

:00_batman_1989: :tada: :00_batman_1989: :tada: :00_batman_1989: :tada:

9 Likes

C6kGmQLWcAAtu-v
:smiley: :+1:

6 Likes

One of my favorite movies + probably contributed heavily to why the Joker is my favorite DC character. I’ve always loved Tim Burton’s movies ever since I was a child. They pretty much codified my early life and some of them I’d watch daily, weekly, and other crazy things. I was obsessed. :sweat_smile:

Batman '89 is relentlessly entertaining. The Joker is actually characterized perfectly for me, since he is completely a clown and also homicidal. There was less need to be “edgy” or serious when he could be menacing just by having the time of his life.

There’s something about the original four movies in this series that just hit home for me, not just because of the nostalgia. It’s because they aren’t set in the real world, nor are they trying to be. They are pure comic book movies with all of the wackiness and suspension of disbelief you can muster.

^ watch the guy at the very end of the Joker’s entourage as they enter the museum. I always said that was my favorite henchman. He’s just grooving.

7 Likes

:raised_hands:

For me B’Man 89’s strength comes from not having a need to be grounded in reality. It’s a voluminous flow of color, drama, and intrigue that completely fills the screen from edge to edge and unapologetically requires the viewer to suspend their disbelief and roll with its rushing wave. The dual vibrant and drab elements of the art direction’s palette at work in the sets, costumes, and music at once blend and clash but never in a way that is distracting or taxing of the audience’s senses. The imagery is big and bold when it needs to be and also softens when necessary- everything about this film is fantastic!

7 Likes

:smiley: :triumph:

3 Likes

Sure! How about this, from DC Universe Classics vs. Masters of the Universe Classics:

That two-pack checks off the following:

• It features Superman.

• It features MOTU’s starring hero, He-Man.

• It includes a reprint of the first full-size comic debut of MOTU (DC Comics Presents #47).

• It features two Four Horsemen-sculpted figures from two highly-acclaimed, fan-favorite lines they oversaw the sculpting for: DC Universe Classics and Masters of the Universe Classics.

3 Likes

Unite! Rabble Rabble, go! :smile:

2 Likes

I’ll take it, thanks! Contact me for mailing address. :smirk:

3 Likes

If its 123 Fake Street again, I’m not sending it.

4 Likes