Batman 1989 (Movie)

I don’t know why nobody else thinks that’s funny.

3 Likes

I asked Mr. Teeny if he knew where 123 Fake Street was, but he just mumbled some mumbo-jumbo in Monkey and drove off with Krusty.

Stupid monkey!

sees Seth Green arch an eyebrow his way, then responds to him with a “Zip it, Scott!”

I wonder if Scott Evil is a fan of Burton’s Batman. Probably is.

3 Likes

What dispensary are you using? :wink:

3 Likes

The Dr. Pepper tab at Moe’s. Prescribed by Hibbert, enjoyed by me. :grin:

3 Likes

Caffeine and sugar’s combined impact on the human brain is greatly underrated.

If I have coffee, I can pass through solid objects.

3 Likes

I’m thinking of getting in a 33rd anniversary screening of Batman this afternoon while snacking on Strawberry Twizzlers and washing them down with Dr. Pepper.

Good idea or a great idea? You :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: decide!

3 Likes

There is a Sonic nearby. They’ve perfectly balanced their fountain drinks, and have the best Dr. Pepper I’ve had in the eastern USA. Worth the trip? You decide.

3 Likes

Last time I had a beverage at Sonic, it was pretty damn weak.

If I go there, should I tell say “Kon-El-Prime sent me.”? You :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: decide!

3 Likes

Sonic is taken pretty seriously in these middle Atlantic parts. They also pay servers $20 an hour plus tips locally, so it’s kinda classy round here.

3 Likes

'Member in National Lampoon’s Vacation, when they were at the A&W and the window broke and the food spilled onto the parking lot?

I could never be a server at Sonic, precisely because of the fear of that happening.

That, and I can’t rollerskate.

“Sonic servers don’t skate.”

Well…I’m not working there, anyway. Now let me get my Batman 33rd anniversary snack festivities finished! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

searches for the WB ballcap that Daffy Duck insists you have to wear while watching a WB movie

Can’t find it. Oh well, screw Daffy and his 33-year-old “You can’t watch a Warner Brothers movie without a Warner Brothers ballcap!” VHS-based (Laserdisc as well? :thinking:) promotion. He’s despicable, anyway.

2 Likes

I recently saw a WB ball cap on eBay. I was beautiful.

3 Likes

So, you bought the cap, modeled it and are now telling us how beautiful you appeared in it?

Borderline bragging there, fellow Kryptonian. :wink:

3 Likes

I almost took a photo of myself. It actually looked rough, and I appeared sketchy.

3 Likes

Well, you better not be one of those comic-reading, MST3K quoting, toy collecting wiseacres that looks like me, fellow Kryptonian.

looks in a mirror and feels the scruff on his chin

Okay fine, you can look like me (“Matt Damon!”), but don’t wear that dusty, 33-year-old ballcap.

Kon tears up a bit and makes a puppy dog face

Ah, geez! The puppy dog face…okay, fine. You can wear the darn cap! Just don’t bogart my DP stash when Batman starts, m’kay? M’Kay.

“Shouldn’t you technically be drinking Diet Coke, though? After all, the ad that played before the movie on VHS…”

No! I uh, don’t drink Diet Coke. :smirk:

hopes his chilled Diet Coke stash is still squared away, in that place where he put that thing, that time

3 Likes

4 Likes

:laughing: :purple_heart:

5 Likes

I do enjoy that Bob the Goon actor Tracy Walter also appears in the Jack Nicholson directed The Two Jakes.

5 Likes

@DC89 To continue the discussion of favorite tracks from the Batman soundtrack from the DC Polls thread, these are some of my favs:

As great of a theme for Batman as John Williams’ theme is for Superman.

“Get in the car!”

“Which one?”

And then bam, that swell as we see the Batmobile for the first time! :heart:

I love choral music, and if I were to examine the inner-recesses of my mind to firmly and articulately understand why (beyond the simple reasoning of “It just sounds cool!”), I bet it would lead back to listening to the above track over and over when I was a kid, both when watching Batman on VHS, as well as when I endlessly listened to the soundtrack on cassette.

The introduction of THE Batwing. Still the best Batman aircraft of all time, no matter the medium or specific entertainment within.

This piece is all about triumph. Batman triumphing over Joker and as a result, Gotham triumphing over its crime problems (for now :smirk:).

I will admit that Batman Forever took my admiration of the above to an all-new level after first seeing its trailer on Entertainment Tonight in 1995, as Finale was used for the climax of that trailer (which is one my all-time fav movie trailers, DC or otherwise) and later on, Batman & Robin’s trailer(s).

However, long, long before 1995, I loved the soaring attributes of Finale. Its heroic, and serves as a great culmination of Batman’s battle against Joker. When watching Batman on VHS, I would often rewind the very last scene so as to hear the piece again and again.

Batman is one of two CDs I still have, with the other being the soundtrack for Superman: The Movie. I keep both in my car, as they make for solid music for errand-running, toy hunts, going out and the like.

3 Likes

Last night I just found this channel, this guy share a great history on Batman 1989.

@Vroom I was thinking you might like this guy’s channel on YouTube. He has so many history on old cartoons, shows,movies & toys.:slightly_smiling_face:

:batman:

4 Likes

Love Dan Larson’s clips. :+1: Very cool that Steve Englehart was mentioned here. Thx for posting this @Reaganfan78! :smiley:

3 Likes