⚫ :batparrot: Batgirls Discussion (SPOILERS) :batparrot: 🟣

Is Cass in the HQ cartoon?

3 Likes

Not yet. BG is the only one so far from the Batgirls character list. But showrunners Justin Halpern and Patrick Schumacker have said that more BatFam members will dropiing in from time to time so hopefully we’ll be seeing Steph and Cass soon. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Well, if we see a STEPH show up, I’ll probably try that out again! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Spiffy variants for #16, on-sale March 14th:

Lynne Yoshi.

David Marquez.

Robbi Rodriguez (1:25).

1 Like

I’m going for that Women’s day variant! Looks super spiffy!

3 Likes

Cass is my favorite Batgirl, so the Marquez variant grabs my four eyes the most.

However…the IWD variant is quite slick as well.

If I were still reading Batgirls in print…deciding between those two would be one hard decision.

That said, I’m not reading it in print, so…no hard decision to make. Woo! :partying_face:

1 Like

Some awesome Babs covers coming up! Here’s 18.

5 Likes

Same.

2 Likes

:eyes: Woot woot!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1:

3 Likes

New issue today! Steph and Cass face the Mad Hatter! What cover are people getting? (I’m hoping to get the Women’s Day one) What do you think? For Ultra readers, what do you think of last month’s issue (I loved it a lot!)

3 Likes

cough I’d like to tell you, but I’m two issues behind. cough

pops open a Grape Soder™ and chugs 'er down

Ah! Take that, you tickle/cough!

I wonder, which flavors of Soder™ do the BGs like best? :thinking:

2 Likes

But you could tell me what you thought about 14 and 15, the best issues of the run!

Steph clearly loves grape soder - see Tec 979. Cass probably likes all or none of them. Babs likes tea, like a good librarian. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just sooo good. :+1:

3 Likes

Sad news for me - Batgirls is ending at issue 19. So it doesn’t meet my dream of Steph having a Batgirl series that lasted 24 issues twice. But still - it lasted longer than a LOT of books - Aquamen (6), Green Lantern (12), Deathstroke Inc and Teen Titans Academy (15), Robin (17), Future State: Gotham, Superman: Son of Kal-El, I Am Batman (18). It’s a very nice accomplishment for a series that I think was launched awkwardly a year after the Infinite Frontier launching pad, and was met with a lot of pushback from hardcore fans. Obviously, we still have 3 more issues before the series is actually over, but this feels like the beginning of the end. I’m not as sad as I was in 2011, when it became increasingly clear that Steph was being completely erased from existence, but I am sad, because Steph doesn’t have any other appearances schedulled.

What do you think of the final issue covers, by Jorge Corona, David Marquez, and Robbi Rodriguez?

I think I’m going to try for the Marquez variant, even though I do really like the Corona main one as usual.

4 Likes

In time, good sir.

Like a good librarian and a wise redhead as well.

Well, piffle.

kicks a pebble down the road in a wistful fashion, while standing hunched down with his hands in his pockets

I don’t get why fans would be against a book full of the bestest Batgirls. Seems rather silly to moi.

The bottom piece (Rodriguez, yeah?) is my favorite, with the middle one coming in a close second.

1 Like

Well, and I will admit that I fall prey to this too, hardcore fans really wish their favorite series - whether it’s Cass’s Batgirl run, Steph’s Batgirl run, or one of Babs’s Batgirl runs - just hadn’t ended, and hoped this series would be the return of those beloved feelings. It’s not - it’s a new thing, very clearly in Cloonan and Conrad’s voice, and I appreciate and like it for what it is. But I do sometimes…maybe even often…reread Steph’s original glorious 24 issues and wish it had lasted just a bit longer. Or forever. Not reasonable, I know, but it’s the emotional truth.

I do quite like that Rodriguez cover. I hope he draws the heck out of the last three issues of the series.

4 Likes

This is true. If I had my druthers, Superman/Batman would still be going on as we speak.

3 Likes

Sad new. :frowning:

I definitely had my gripes with this series, but it was fun overall. I liked the three Batgirls working together and hanging out. The second cover reflects that, so it’s my favorite.

This was a very stylized book, both in tone and art, so I understand it not being for everyone. Going by covers and solicitations, the story also seemed to have switched gears somewhere in the second arc, which may not have helped the momentum of the book. I haven’t caught up to current yet, so maybe the Hatter stuff will make more sense to me later.

3 Likes

I’m really ----ing angry about this. Now two books and a feature film that all featured my gurrrlll have been cancelled. Thx a lot Jim Lee and Zsaslav Palpatine. :angry:

Batgirls WILL live on in my comics/statues/action figures display tho, and that’s a promise.

2 Likes

Do not be sad it is ending. Be happy you guys get 19 issues.

3 Likes