⚫ :batparrot: Batgirls Discussion (SPOILERS) :batparrot: 🟣

:+1: :smiley:

5 Likes

SIde note::thinking: Hmm… the bare-belly supergirl costume did not last.

2 Likes

These things come and go. I’m sure in a decade or two, we’ll see it again. Whether we want to or not! It makes more sense for an invulnerable Kryptonian than for Huntress, that’s for sure!

4 Likes

Ok, I’m all caught up now! So far, I’m liking the new arc a lot. The previous one seemed a bit slow, although with fun moments, and threw in the Riddler for no discernable reason other than name recognition. Maybe there’s a bigger picture, but it felt unnecessary. The current run in contrast seems to be moving at a quick pace with all 3 characters working in different ways and meeting new (to the series) characters.

How does everyone feel about Babs moving back to the clocktower? I’m torn. I’m excited because that’s her iconic base, and she definitely deserves to get it back! However, I like her dynamic with Cass and Steph, and hope she’ll still be just as involved in the series.

4 Likes

Very interesting thoughts! I actually thought Bat Girl Summer felt pretty quick, but it did a lot of status quo setting and character relationship stuff. Riddler I do think was a bit odd, especially because all of the solicits were for Mad Hatter (who has been moved to later!) However, given the contextual issues of One Bad Day Riddler threatening to kill Steph, and then Steph gets to absolutely kick Riddler’s butt in Batgirls, it felt really good.

I’m a bit puzzled about why Cloonan and Conrad feel the need to move Babs to the Clocktower again, since I really like the three girls all living and working together, but I really love HOW they handled it. Very nice emotional work for all three of them.

3 Likes

I didn’t consider OBD Riddler as potential influence. That could be an amusing reason to have him get beaten up a bit, lol.

Yeah, the Mad Hatter swap struck me as odd, since the villains are quite different to me (other than green suits!). I wonder if he was originally the cause of the body swap confusion or at least of getting Steph to Cluemaster, who, come to think of it, could have fit the last arc better than Riddler…

2 Likes

I feel it’s time for Steph and Cass to live on their own for a while at least. Personally, I think it might have been done so Babs and Dick can live together at least I hope so. or the loft will join Bondo, and Cassandra and Steph will move into the clocktower.

2 Likes

I dunno if it was intentional, but as a fan, it definitely made reading it feel more satisfying. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Torn on the clocktower thing as well. I’m really gonna’ miss the day to day life of all three together. But BG knows that Steph and Cass need to come into their own and she probably sees them in the loft together as a rite of passage/bonding thing that needs to happen.

Thoughts on BGs #14-

I’m only gonna’ point out one thing: Steph’s letter to Cass.
:cry: :pleading_face:

4 Likes

Alrighty- #15 covers sneak peek:

paging @millernumber1

Lookit’ my gurrrlll gettin’ featured in the Dan Mora variant!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1:

4 Likes

As usual, some pretty amazing covers for this series! I love both, but you know I have to go with Steph ripping her dad a new one!

2 Likes

I applaud Mr. Mora for placing me in the background as I do, to paraphrase Link in The Matrix Reloaded, “My Superman thing.”

When I see Mora’s art, “whoa” is typically the first thing that comes to mind. The man is working his way toward being an Artiste of Artistes.

Why? Are you a Steph fan? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Me? Couldn’t be! :wink:

2 Likes

:smile: IKR? That’s like someone suggesting I’m an ardent fan of Superman, Nightwing and Exotica.

Poppyock! Pure, undulated, poppyock and drivel, I do doth declare!

So, Batgirls! I’m currently on #13 and the Annual. I hope to get them done prior to #14’s Ultra debut. :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

And boy does he need it too. Hurting Steph like that.
:open_mouth: :frowning_face:

2 Likes

You are in for a treat, if I do say so myself! So much great character work going on!

You can say that again! (I still think Steph is a bit lucky in having such a memorable arch-nemesis built into her hero narrative!)

2 Likes

A treat worthy of chugging down a Sprite to?

Mebbe worthy of chugging down a Strawberries and Cream Dr. Pepper to, as well?

2 Likes

Always worthy of delectably savoring a delicious beverage!

2 Likes

Score!

loads his Sprite-branded foam dome for later

The Sprite shall flow as I read Batgirls…at some point later, after I get caught up with my other Ultra reads.

2 Likes

Hey y’all- younger Cass shows up in issues #4 and #5 of HQAS: Legion Of Bats:

3 Likes